PDA

View Full Version : A way to get a new traffic and increase a PR

besttoolbars
12-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Hello, people What would you say about such a way? If you'll make own software (a toolbar maybe or deskbar or smth like this - little and useful) and register it in a software catalogues it may bring a new traffic to you. Also, it may increase your PR, because you'll get a lot of your links on a highly popular sites. What would you say?

besttoolbars
12-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Hey, is anybody home?? Does anyone have smth, to offer, to add, to criticize???

monaro
12-21-2004, 04:59 AM
How about toolbars for wms?

Toolbars containing Content suppliers.
Toolbars containing Traffic Brokers.

Something that is at the finger tips of webmasters who buy on a month to month basis.

Okay how about a toolbar that holds domains for sale and shows the price of the domain name based on the setting that wms configure.

Hope things go well with you and have a great day!

Mark

besttoolbars
12-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Thank your for advices, monaro! That's very interesting... How do you think, if will give an opportunity to everyone to build a "toolbar of his dream" and if it would be for free - will this service be popular? Would you use such a software?

besttoolbars
01-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey, guys! Is there anybody there? Is anyone home? May be anybody would add or criticize smth?
P.S. And Happy New Year to everyone!

monaro
01-10-2005, 04:05 AM
You hit the nail right on the head with your quote! "Toolbar of his dream"

You could take toolbars to another level to deliver in such a way that the webmaster selects from their own bookmarks which urls / links to be inside their toolbar!

For example, you might have a clean bookmark list. For some, not allot of webmasters have a very large bookmark database on their broswer. Meaning sometimes taking more than a few seconds to find the url they wish to view then and there.
Toolbars are not about making money fromt he person who installs them, It is about the use of such toolbars to put what you need when you need as you load a webpage. For another example;
If a webmaster was searching for content
and typed it in and or clicked on a link from a msg board. Then the toolbar comes into play by presellecting other sites within the toolbar database as one could call it. and shows them up the top right infron of the webmasters eyes.. Only and I mean only to compaire such sites for price & quality.
I could go on and on with the many opportunities that a toolbar can derive. Though I do not wish to lead you down a path that you have not yet decided to follow.

You have a great day!

Mark

soulboy
01-10-2005, 03:39 PM
but that would not carry yuo some problem. What if someone decides your toolbar is spyware, you will get some problems there

besttoolbars
01-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Thank you for advices, guys! If you can review and criticize our product (www.besttoolbars.net/CUST/tbstudio.setup.exe?123) that would be great! As for spyware, our products don't content any spyware components, and never would. You may generate your own toolbar with our soft and check it for a spyware :)

besttoolbars
01-19-2005, 12:59 AM
So, does anyone use my link? It would be very cool to get some feedback!

besttoolbars
03-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Hello again! I decieded not to start a new topic but write in this one :)
I'd like to know your opinions on such a question: nowadays many companies use custom toolbars (Google, Yahoo, Alexa and so on) to promote themselves. And toolbar is a good marketing and branding tool. Also there is a software over the Internet that helps you to build a custom toolbar. So I'd like to know: What are the prospects?
How can such a toolbar be used? Which features it should have to attract users? I see such an opportunities:
- a toolbar for a hosting company, that should help users to manage their account and site;
- a toolbar for a forums like this - to managae account to, to make a search or for a quick view of a "Top 10" or smth like this (just think - voting maybe );
- a toolbar for e-store or auction - to be in a close contact or to order a goods, increase your price;
- a toolbar for a search engine. No comments :) Benefits are obvious :)

So, how can it be used? What features would you like to see if you would make a custom toolbar? And what should it has to attract a users?

Panky
03-01-2005, 05:38 AM
One thing to consider...

Many webmasters are turned off by toolbars because of Gamma. Gamma has a toolbar that is directed at surfers. The problem is, it is filled with all kinds of crap that does a lot of nasty things to surfers computers, that the webmaster gets paid for.

On the other hand, certain toolbars like Google and Alexa, people,(surfers and webmasters alike), do use. Then again, these are well known branded names.

Not saying that a new toolbar can not be created and become popular, it's just not going to be an easy task. People are skeptical, both webmasters and surfers, because of all the crap out there and little nastys that are done to people's systems.

It's a matter of building trust that what you create is a clean, useful toolbar. Building trust is going to be a major hurdle.

dyonisus
03-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I dont use toolbars for the exact reason that panky described... The fact is I worked for a company who was playing with ways to install ad poppers etc onto the computers of surfers and I thought how invasive then and still do.

However for people who want it, a dream toolbar could be exactly what they are looking for

besttoolbars
03-09-2005, 04:03 AM
Thank you, guys. But our toolbar doesn't content any spyware components and never would. That's not our way, panky :) But you're right - only a good clean toolbar could be popular. And how do you find a features listed up there?

SinSational
03-10-2005, 01:47 AM
i think there are better ways to get new traffic. i know i would never install any type of "toolbar"

besttoolbars
03-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by SinSational
i think there are better ways to get new traffic. i know i would never install any type of "toolbar"
Why? What could you say against the toolbars?

SinSational
03-10-2005, 02:12 AM
it might just be me, but as a surfer, i never install any of that extra junk. i might have issues though. i reformat my drives every 6 months to get rid of any crap that may have installed without me knowing. machines always run better after a clean install.

but on the other hand, an average surfer might go for it. i have a biased opinion, so don't get discouraged.

besttoolbars
03-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Well, anyway thank you for your opinion, SinSational :) But installing without you knowing - it's not our way.