PDA

View Full Version : How all out do you go with holiday decorations?

LAJ
12-18-2004, 09:38 AM
I swear half the houses on my street rival the Griswalds with their awesome (and gross) display of lights LOL...

Things are quite minimal here... putting up a tree tomorrow with lights and all for my kid, but that's as far as I care to go.

Rochard
12-18-2004, 03:22 PM
I have lights up on my house all the way across, and one bush lit up with lights. I also have a rain deer with a turning head, and a blow up Santa and Snowman. And some candy canes, and a chain of six snowman lights.

I think it's rather tacky myself, but my daugther loves it.

The key to it all is to build a collecetion. Every year go out and buy a few new things. Also, the time to buy is the week after Christmas when everything is dirt cheap.

webgurl
12-18-2004, 04:54 PM
this year we have a tree thats all for xmas decorations .

monaro
12-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Going to put up some lights out the front of the house. Not too many, just a few. Im planning on visiting my parents so no tree inside myplace.

Has anyone ever put up a blowup plastic tree?

trishie
12-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Christmas displays in our town is a big competition... everyone goes all out with lights.. alot of front yards have displays with large models of santas.. shrek... puss n boots... and all other type of characters and chrissy symbols.. brightens up the streets magically.....
but all i have so far are a few lights......... :)

Metal Man
12-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm really low key for decorations... I got a couple strings of lights and threaded them through the bars on the railing around my loft.

That's it.

No tree or wreath or anything else.

Less to take down later.

Panky
12-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I didn't put up a tree. I have a kitten. If the tree and/or the kitten would be in one piece by Christmas, when I'd return from a mini Christmas break, the tree and decorations wouldn't survive the kitten.

People seem pretty tame for the most part around here. When I visit my parents, it'll be different. Some of the neighbors probably have a $1,000 electric bill for the month of December.

soulboy
12-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Here just internal decoration and some lights outside

oceania
12-20-2004, 11:24 AM
let my daugher put lights on the balcony
(blinkers - and they are making me crazy)
have the tree up and getting ready to start my baking

dyonisus
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
I have lights on the front porch and then I have a tree up with lights and all the trimmings and that is it!

some places on our street have put up so many lights and reindeers etc it just looks like a stretch of the vegas strip!

zoe_zoebaboe
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
I'll wear my colored socks...and a bow on the door. Thats all

Carol
12-22-2004, 03:36 PM
This year I have done nothing, since my son isnt living at home anymore I decided to sit out the Christmas stuff at my house and go over to his instead.