PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS: Extreme Associates Obscenity Case Dismissed

Aly
01-21-2005, 05:44 PM
CHATSWORTH, Calif. - In a development that surprised even himself, obscenity charges against producer Rob Black of Extreme Associates have been thrown out of court by a federal judge in Pittsburgh.

“I’m still speechless,” Black told AVN.com. “All ten counts against us were dismissed.” He said that Judge Lancaster had also ruled that obscenity laws are unconstitutional.

“I now have made fucking history,” said the jubilant Black.

“It makes everything perfect,” he added. “The business has been going great and all of a sudden my lawyer calls up and said I won.”

Black’s lawyer, Lou Sirkin, was not immediately available for comment.

Black said he’d been told that federal prosecutor Mary Beth Buchanan told a wire service reporter that she was disappointed and that she felt the government had a slam dunk case and that any jury would have convicted.

“This is the greatest news I’ve ever had,” Black said.

AVNOnline (http://avnonline.com)

Vendzilla
01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Aly
He said that Judge Lancaster had also ruled that obscenity laws are unconstitutional. You know some people will challenge this statement, but damn cool thing to happen for our biz!!

EmporerEJ
01-22-2005, 12:14 AM
I hope the ruling stands. If it does, we will definitely have a mandate.

I'm a little concerned with HOW the judge dismissed it. He dismissed it by calling Obscenity itself into question. Not just the application of judgment in this case.

It could easily be reinstated by a higher court on that basis. It's definitely a sticky issue. (No pun intended.)

I think there will be considerable pressure from the administration to prosecute this case.
The defendant isn't doing himself any favors either. He should stop trying so hard to look like a jackass. A jury WOULD convict him, just on that.