PDA

View Full Version : adult hosting

sofy60
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Why does adult hosting seem to cost ten times more than regular hosting.? I see no justifaction for this.

BlueQuartz
01-26-2005, 06:21 PM
what are you talking about? well to start with its adult - there is risks associated with adult unless you hadn't noticed so that would be one justification, however show me where you you see 10x and then we can chat

untril then heres some cheap adult hosting for you :P
Dream Host 120g bandwidth & 2.4g for $7.95 (http://www.pimpresources.com/go/dreamhost.htm)

enjoy

Jinx
01-26-2005, 06:34 PM
There are some additional risks but I don't believe enough to warrant the extra costs some hosts charge. We do both adult and mainstream hosting at Akira Web - http://www.akiraweb.com/ and treat everyone equal.

:)

Jess
01-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Jinx
There are some additional risks but I don't believe enough to warrant the extra costs some hosts charge. We do both adult and mainstream hosting at Akira Web - http://www.akiraweb.com/ and treat everyone equal.

:)

Nice spamming technique you have there. Trying to bring down other hosts, while promoting your own.

First of all.. you are a reseller at EV1. Therefore you are NOBODY! You get a server from EV1 and resell hosting.. oh boy! Just a one man show, and when shit hits the fan you are nowhere to be found. You are on this fucking board right now, but your "live" support is offline.. get to work dick weed.

A true host would be a company that actually owns its servers, switches, routers, lines, etc.

So, with that said.. a host like that will probably charge more, but also be much more reliable then you with your EV1 server.. lol! I get a kick out of you people.

Also remember, its a free market, businesses are free to charge whatever they want for hosting.. if you don't like it, go find a new host, and quite fucking crying about it on some board.

If you hate it so bad, start your own host, and charge what you think is fair.. until then.. shut the fuck up!

Jinx
01-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jess
Nice spamming technique you have there. Trying to bring down other hosts, while promoting your own.

First of all.. you are a reseller at EV1. Therefore you are NOBODY! You get a server from EV1 and resell hosting.. oh boy! Just a one man show, and when shit hits the fan you are nowhere to be found. You are on this fucking board right now, but your "live" support is offline.. get to work dick weed.

A true host would be a company that actually owns its servers, switches, routers, lines, etc.

So, with that said.. a host like that will probably charge more, but also be much more reliable then you with your EV1 server.. lol! I get a kick out of you people.

Also remember, its a free market, businesses are free to charge whatever they want for hosting.. if you don't like it, go find a new host, and quite fucking crying about it on some board.

If you hate it so bad, start your own host, and charge what you think is fair.. until then.. shut the fuck up!

:bonk: Wow, I was just saying that I too don't really agree with the charges that some other web hosts put in place for adult web hosting. You're intitled to your opinion as well, but you don't need to slander me or my company. BTW, There are plenty of other web hosting companies that don't charge extra for adult web hosting. I was NOT stating that we where the only one by any means. In regards to where our servers are located, they're in a few different datacenters. You obviously don't know much about my company or I myself and it appears you just felt like you'd let of some personal steam in this thread.

Thanks for your inaccurate input though :) and I'm done with this thread.

BlueQuartz
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Jess

Jess!!!

Welcome to the board!!!

great post and well said about Jinx - he fucked alot of us around when he was starting out - we all hung out in an irc chatroom together - some shit went down and everythign was down like for DAYS - he simply left the chatroom and ignored everyone - this was after I personally had referred a few people to him - great way of dealing with things buddy!!! Im still owed comissions for that actually - he started an affilate program but didnt think about how he was gonna send the money to webmasters after we sent him business - it was all fucked up

as for the reseller bit - that also is spot on - you should see the amount of hosts that claim to be the biggest and best with their boxxedart templates, copied plans and outrageous claims

anyways im done - jinx make an appearence in the ans chatroom very soon man - you know who to look for :)

:rolleyes:

Jess
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Thank you for the welcome, and im sorry if I am so blunt, but that is just me!

I have been dicked over by so many hosts its not funny, and I just call them like I see them now. If you check out some of the adult boards you find more then 3/4th of them are just resellers of EV1, or The Planet, or whatever.. but you read their site, and they go on about how it is THEIR network, and WE do this and that.. its usually a lie, and just an FYI it is ILLEGAL to make claims on your site that are not true. This includes testimonials that are usually 100% bullshit as well. You can be sued for this, and even criminally charged.. its called fraud!

I hope a bunch of these resellers come read this post.. after seeing what I did the other day, I started some investigating of all these hosts, and I am going to start bringing them to the level they should be.

What I saw was, a site that was displaying the BBB logo on their site. BBB stands for the Better Business Bureau for anyone that is unaware.

It was funny, because the logo they displayed didn't have a link tot he BBB like it should.. it would be a direct link to that company, and offer info about them.

So, I reported their ass to the BBB, and the BBB wasn't too happy with it.. it was taken down within 12 hours, and they thanked me for reporting this jackass. That is not only fraud, but theft.. the person doing it was STEELING from legitimate BBB members that actually pay for their membership, and on top of that, screwing ever person that signed up with them into thinking they were signing up with a reputable company.. I have had it with this shit.. and my goal for the next year it to start calling these so called hosts out, and starting a site for all to see.

Man.. I am such a dick aren't I?

Jess
01-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Jinx
:bonk: Wow, I was just saying that I too don't really agree with the charges that some other web hosts put in place for adult web hosting. You're intitled to your opinion as well, but you don't need to slander me or my company. BTW, There are plenty of other web hosting companies that don't charge extra for adult web hosting. I was NOT stating that we where the only one by any means. In regards to where our servers are located, they're in a few different datacenters. You obviously don't know much about my company or I myself and it appears you just felt like you'd let of some personal steam in this thread.

Thanks for your inaccurate input though :) and I'm done with this thread.

Ok run away.. send me a link to your business records then. If you are actually an LLC, then they are public for the world to see. I can only comment on what I know, and that is your hosting page is hosted at EV1, so not sure how that is inaccurate.

You want to talk slander? I can point out some VERY questionable things on your site that I fucking guarantee are a lie. You have a lot of our's, and we's about your network.. I would bet anything you don't own a Cisco Catalyst 6500. Number one is because you would NEVER need anything that size because you aren't as big as EV1.. I would guess this would be something EV1 owns, and you are just copying shit off their site. You know the cost of one of those switches? About $40K. I doubt you have $40K to toss around if you are hosting your site at EV1.

I would suggest changing your wording on your site.. it leads me, and anyone else to believe YOU own this stuff.. and I know you don't!

BlueQuartz
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
wooh jess they have really pisssed you off at some stage havent they man :( sorry about that. maybe you should just kick back a gear and ease into the board a little more subtlely hehe - anyways that is up to you

i just wanted to say jinx contacted me immediately

he seems to have radically changed his mode of operation - he was VERY helpful - paid me DOUBLE what he owed me - (wow thanks again!) and apogised prefusely

i really could not have asked for anything more - so i simply wanted to now say thanks to Jinx for his prompt attention

everyone deserves a second chance i think

l8r peeps

Servhot
01-27-2005, 03:31 AM
There are no extra costs nor the hosting for adult is more expensive. Ask ebay what are there hosting costs and you will see they are not so different like what playboy or hustler is investing it, if they had the same amount of bandwith

monaro
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by BlueQuartz
what are you talking about? well to start with its adult - there is risks associated with adult unless you hadn't noticed so that would be one justification, however show me where you you see 10x and then we can chat

untril then heres some cheap adult hosting for you :P
Dream Host 120g bandwidth & 2.4g for $7.95 (http://www.pimpresources.com/go/dreamhost.htm)

enjoy

Umm is that you Ben?

BlueQuartz
01-28-2005, 03:54 AM
yep

monaro
01-28-2005, 05:40 AM
If you are the Ben i knew, I hope so, I sent you a pm. Wish to talk if you have some time for me.