PDA

View Full Version : new : help ! I need somebody ;-)

duke
12-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone, im new here

I've a serious traffic problem

Could you tell me what's wrong with my site http://www.dukebabes.fr.st/ ?:confused: except the probleme of the pop up, at the beginning of the visit

What do you think of my site? what should I do to make it better ?

thanks in advance:p

Duke

Mister X
12-05-2002, 01:34 PM
Welcome to X Nations!
I never actually looked at your site. The 5 or 6 popups were just too irritating. Very possibly that is your main problem. Buy your own domain name if you want people to link to ya and be popup free. Or at least limit it to one or something. That's from a North American standpoint cuz I don't do much euro surfing. But I can't imagine anybody really likes the pops.

duke
12-05-2002, 03:38 PM
less pop up here : http://www.qualitysexy.com/duke

Originally posted by Mister X
Welcome to X Nations!
I never actually looked at your site. The 5 or 6 popups were just too irritating. Very possibly that is your main problem. Buy your own domain name if you want people to link to ya and be popup free. Or at least limit it to one or something. That's from a North American standpoint cuz I don't do much euro surfing. But I can't imagine anybody really likes the pops.

Mister X
12-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Well you've got a couple of problems as far as I can tell. What you have when you open your site is basically a lot of bad stuff if you want to trade traffic with most clean sites. You have both flash and java which is probably very hard on someone with an older computer. You have dialer executables which most sites that have north american traffic will not allow. You have a banner exchange on the bottom which uses sneaky blind linked banners which is also bad if you want to get trades. As a good thing you have some pretty good pictures of some nice looking babes. As a bad thing it's very hard to find at first. The drop down list in the top right corner has a lot of content but it's not immediately obvious that there is anything there. The biggest mistake I can see is having your site open in a particular window size after being redirected from the index page. Anyone that goes there is going to think it's a popup window and they will probably close it before they get a chance to see that it is actually your site. And that will probably also get you blacklisted from most trades before you even start them because of the redirect. Redirects are a MAJOR bad thing when they are abused and most webmasters hate them worse than popups when they are looking for trades.
If you lose the java snow and the redirect and redesign your page to make it more obvious that you actually have content on your site you will see an increase for sure. If you lose the dialer exe and the blind links you can get even more. I know dialers are pretty common in Europe but in North America blind linked dialers will keep you out of the majority of trades. And the ones who will let you in will be assholes and crooks that you don't need.
Good luck.

Sophdream
12-05-2002, 06:34 PM
I agree, a lot of people hate pop ups and so do I. Try to keep only one if poosible. I have an high speed connection and it takes a lot of time to see the page...maybe the snow is too heavy!... but i think it`s a very good looking site. Continue your great work.

Panky
12-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Once again, I agree with Mister X. He has some good advice in his post.

Pop-up killer and the likes, became popular for a reason.

Panky

duke
12-06-2002, 01:52 AM
I've delete a pop up, the snow, the resizing, and I've put the list of my babe in bold

and I can do nothing for the .exe [ I must put a link to this file 'cause of my free host (a friend's friend host me 600 Mo !! ) ]

is it better now ? http://www.qualitysexy.com/duke/

thanks ;)

Originally posted by Panky
Once again, I agree with Mister X. He has some good advice in his post.

Pop-up killer and the likes, became popular for a reason.

Panky

Mister X
12-06-2002, 02:01 AM
It's definitely better than it was. Having it open in a fullsize window really helps make it seem less like a popup window. Still got 3 popups when I visited this time so that's not great yet. But definitely better! Too bad about the exe. If you make a little money maybe you can get rid of that. At least you're not using mouseover tricks to hide the url so a smart surfer can see that it's an exe, and there's no automatic download.

Juge
12-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the board, Duke.

1. if your site was english, it would be much easier to find traffic trades. It will also increase the prod. of exchanged traffic if the languages on both sites are the same.

2. remove all those pop-ups. 1 is too much as far as I am concerned, but if you have 2 or more, you're already dead.

3. for traffic trades, promote your traders links the most, so they have a reason to want to trade with your site.

hope this helps,

duke
12-06-2002, 10:38 AM
my site is already in english ;-) I can delete the pop up onUnload, but I'm scarry, I think that my traffic will collapse (because the pop up is linked to a top site) | what should I do ? | for the other pop up, it make me win money so I keep this one.

thanks for the advice ;)

Originally posted by Juge
Welcome to the board, Duke.

1. if your site was english, it would be much easier to find traffic trades. It will also increase the prod. of exchanged traffic if the languages on both sites are the same.

2. remove all those pop-ups. 1 is too much as far as I am concerned, but if you have 2 or more, you're already dead.

3. for traffic trades, promote your traders links the most, so they have a reason to want to trade with your site.

hope this helps,