PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Question

Raya
09-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Serious question here,

How once I have a bunch of banners and links do I create some serious traffic. I have been told I need to really up my traffic.

I'm listed on a bunch of places but I'm still not getting the real numbers. Some are only sending one or two people through a day, Ideas?

Oh and I have the list that went around else where. Maybe it's my sites. SIGH!

Chris I was told you were one of the experts I should tap? Please!

I have Bondage Directory and the like I need more traffic.

I'm getting close to the sandwich board idea. IT WILL SAY,
Desperately seeking traffic for new sites!

Evil Chris
09-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Raya, I'm more used to getting traffic the easy way... ie.. buying it! LOL

But I know that this route isn't plausible for most... myself included. I am more of an expert of what to do with your traffic once you actually have it.

So to give you some sound advice as best I can, I would say that the link trades you have set up that aren't working... to move them around and maybe drop what's not working. You'll have to stick to it until you find good link trades.
As for search engines... well, anyone will tell you it's a tough go to get listed near the top under the search criteria you desire. You just have to keep plugging away at it.
I actually paid the $600 recently for a listing in Yahoo. Although it's expensive, it has already paid for itself in the signups I have sent to some of the different sponsor programs that I use.

Darin
09-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Raya,

If you have not checked out Googles AdWords program. It's excellent! Very cost effective if you have targetted keywords picked out.

Their keyword selector is great, and you can immediately within minutes know if your keywords are working. Plus you can cap the spending limit per day.

:D

XxXotic
09-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Raya, I'm more used to getting traffic the easy way... ie.. buying it! LOL

But I know that this route isn't plausible for most... myself included. I am more of an expert of what to do with your traffic once you actually have it.

So to give you some sound advice as best I can, I would say that the link trades you have set up that aren't working... to move them around and maybe drop what's not working. You'll have to stick to it until you find good link trades.
As for search engines... well, anyone will tell you it's a tough go to get listed near the top under the search criteria you desire. You just have to keep plugging away at it.
I actually paid the $600 recently for a listing in Yahoo. Although it's expensive, it has already paid for itself in the signups I have sent to some of the different sponsor programs that I use.

before paying for spots in google or yahoo hit me up :) I'll save ya an assload of money and get ya basically the same results ::-| <-- rocks!