PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Programs?

asiangogo
12-06-2002, 02:12 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to find out what thumbnail prgrams people are using these days...
I use Arles and ThumbsPlus to make my galleries, but their must be other programs that do a better job?

I've seen a few galleries going around with the first and last thumbnail much larger than the rest and would like to know what program is making that type thumbnail page.

Thanks

Greg

Mister X
12-06-2002, 02:22 AM
You can try looking at the source to see if there's a program listed. Most apps will add that into the head of the document. As a general rule I doubt that the galleries you saw we're made with a thumb program. Most likely it was handmade in Dreamweaver or some other similar app. That's what I use. I can create a gallery from scratch in an hour or less if it's the first one like it I've done. Using a previous gallery for a template and search/replace functions I can bang one out in about 10 mins. Programs like thumbsplus and arles are geared more to the personal webpage or paysite type of gallery. They don't give you the flexibility you need for something really kickass.

Evil Chris
12-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I make so very few galleries, so I tend to do them all by hand in Photoshop.
But I was under the impression that ThumbsPlus was still the leader in thumbnail making.