PDA

View Full Version : Traffic idea

Zorgman
12-07-2002, 01:45 AM
I have posted this before on a few forums to get a range of different feedback and ideas.
----------------
Adultindex.net is a search engine that is clicked based and runs on a 1/5 ratio.
For every 5 clicks your users make you get 1 point, once you reach 1,000 points you can place a text add online. This will give you 200 targeted clicks in return (that is not blind clicks either). You can specify to either have the ad show up in one category, search words or both used on the search results page only. Good for paysite sponsors. :)

If you want a quick look at the control you get, check this out.

http://www.adultindex.net/webmasters.php
Login: deano
Pass: password

I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

Juge
12-07-2002, 01:42 PM
I never thought that these programs would work, since there's always a percentage of traffic stolen to make money off of the program. But, I have never tried them, and probably never will, so I don't know.

mailman
12-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Juge
I never thought that these programs would work, since there's always a percentage of traffic stolen to make money off of the program. But, I have never tried them, and probably never will, so I don't know.

I agree

Zorgman
12-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Yep, you might be right. But then again you have never tried it so it might work. :)

Panky
12-08-2002, 07:09 PM
users meaning people that you yourself refer?

"For every 5 clicks your users make you get 1 point"

:confused:

Panky

Zorgman
12-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Panky
users meaning people that you yourself refer?

"For every 5 clicks your users make you get 1 point"

:confused:

Sorry, every click that is made generates 1 point and 2 points for a text ad (right side) and 3 points for a text add (top - search page only).

So if you send 100 people and they click on 10 links each then you have 1000 points. I'v been using it just from my tgp and i'v generated 4,000+ points in the last 3 days. That should give you some idea.

Mister X
12-08-2002, 09:19 PM
That sounds like a crappy deal to me. I thought it was like a search box on your site type of deal. But they actually have to go to the site and click on links? In other words you're sending them as many as 1000 surfers which they send out as targeted clicks to somebody. For that you get back 200 targeted surfers. You might send more than 1000 or you might send quite a few less. If a surfer actually does click an average of 10 links on a page then it's even worse when you get your return traffic. Cuz if they're checking out that many only one site actually has a surfer do more than take a quick look and leave. So for an undetermined amount of surfers that you send them you might get 200 people who aactually bother to check out your site or you might get 180 that take a quick glance and leave and only 20 that check it out. I don't know. Sounds fishy to me. I think you'd probably do just as well using those surfers in a traffic trade with a good tgp. You get back targeted surfers that way to because obviously they're interested in checking out what you have.

Mister X
12-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Well Zorg clarified a couple of points for me and I took a look at his stats page. I've gotta say it looks a lot better than I thought. the bigest thing is you can use your return clicks for whatever you want. Like a sponsor. This actually looks pretty sweet.

Mister X
12-09-2002, 01:16 AM
This might clear things up a little:

How it works...
Adultindex Network is a advanced ad management system that give you access to add your own links to our search results and category pages.

From your website(s) you link to Adultindex with a referral code using our text or buttons. When your users visit our page they display your banner advert (468x60) at the top right. When your trades click on links within our database it generates points for your account. Once you reach 1000 points you can place a text link to a sponsor or link of your choice.

This system is suited for those that want target traffic to a specific sponsor, link or paysite.

There's 2 very good points here. First you get a banner ad on the page the surfer goes to, no ad credits needed. Use whatever banner you want and send traffic from it wherever you want. Second you can use your credits to target whatever the hell you want. Send it to a sponsor with you id embedded or have it got to yahoo. I've got a beta account so I'll give it a shot and then I'll be putting this baby up on my tgp after I move servers.

superbird
12-09-2002, 12:36 PM
I can't find the link to sign up, is it not ready yet or am I just being daft? :)

Mister X
12-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by superbird
I can't find the link to sign up, is it not ready yet or am I just being daft? :) I think it's still in beta test stage Super. Let Zorgman know you're interested and maybe he'll set you up with a beta account. ;)

Zorgman
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by superbird
I can't find the link to sign up, is it not ready yet or am I just being daft? :)
Drop me a line, ICQ or Email (dean@adultindex.net) and I will set you up with an account.

I need...

Login name: (max 8 chars)
Pasword: (max 8 chars)
Email:

Zorgman
12-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Here is a screenshot of webmaster controls.
http://www.adultindex.net/img/stats.jpg :D