PDA

View Full Version : Since you got into this business...

Evil Chris
02-25-2005, 01:04 PM
are you where you hoped you would be?

or are you surprised to see where you are and what direction you've taken? This isn't a moral question at all. What I mean is, did your plan from the beginning come to life? Or did you move in different directions?

sweet7
02-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Good question, I didn't have a plan as I was really thrown into it, I think I will start to move away from this business in the near future.

How about you EC?

DonMike
02-25-2005, 06:59 PM
You know, when I was younger I didn't really have a plan for my life. I was interested in radio but when I found out I couldn't just play anything I wanted I lost interest.

I just figured I would go where life took me, and recently I've decided to offer my soul up to the universe to use me as I was mean to be used. I guess the difference is like sitting on the beach looking at the ocean or diving in and letting the waves carry you to wherever you're meant to be.

Sorry, Chris. Didn't mean to get all ethereal and esoteric on you. LOL!

Vendzilla
02-25-2005, 08:02 PM
just learn and figure out to make money, that was the plan, still at it!

dyonisus
02-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I never planned on getting into this industry, then when I was I just planned to get out now I am going with the flow, and I like it!

kaustic
02-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I've yet to launch :(

Any tips for me?

Shann
02-28-2005, 02:31 PM
It is taking me longer to take over the world than I imagined. Other than that, I'm getting there it's just taking a wee bit longer. ;)

Funny thing job wise, if I bump into people I have not seen in ages and tell them what I work in, no one is really surprised. ;)

Samurai Jack
02-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
I never planned on getting into this industry, then when I was I just planned to get out now I am going with the flow, and I like it!

Yeah, I was the same way. I started with a forum and then built a site around it. The next thing I knew, I was working in adult entertainment. Now in addition to my site, I'm working as marketing director/publicist for an up and coming star. Weird how things work.

Still, having only been in the business for about a year, I guess I did think I'd have achieved more success than I've had so far. But then, with all I've learned in the past year, I guess I have come quite a ways after all.