PDA

View Full Version : good for newbies

Evil Chris
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I was thinking tonight about how many boards are out there nowadays and all the choices webmasters have.

I came to the conclusion that this is a good place for newbies. Questions are taken seriously, and answers are given. Our users here are very knowledgeable, and come from a wide spectrum of different specialties in the online business.

So if you know a newbie... point them in the right direction! (http://www.xnations.com/refer.php)
:xthumbs:

sexylady
03-14-2005, 03:26 PM
:gorgeous: thanks! how nice you are...

SinSational
03-15-2005, 07:48 AM
i agree. this board is great. good info available and not too big that posts get lost in the garbage.

FeTiShLaDy
03-15-2005, 08:29 AM
that's a very nice pattern Chris!

And i agree Xnations is a cool board around.;)

globofun
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Hello again,

I wish it would be easier to trade links and traffic. When you are a newbie with barely nothing in traffic, life is so miserable!

But tomorrow is another day, and that won't make me quit!

Globo

sweet7
04-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I definately agree

McAttack
04-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by globofun
Hello again,

I wish it would be easier to trade links and traffic. When you are a newbie with barely nothing in traffic, life is so miserable!

But tomorrow is another day, and that won't make me quit!

Globo

Here's a little something I always use when trying to start something from zero traffic. Use a lot of link dumps. There are hundreds if not thousands out there. Each one will give you a little traffic. Stagger then (since the link goes up automatically) so that you don't get all your traffic on one day, so you do like 50 a day for a few days and then you'll have some traffic on your site that you can control, as long as you get some decent bookmarkers out of it. Now these are not really QUALITY surfers, but you should be able to trade them off for better traffic.

globofun
04-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Link dumps....................newbie here..............you mean forums?

Thanks!

G

kcwebwerks
04-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I was thinking tonight about how many boards are out there nowadays and all the choices webmasters have.

I came to the conclusion that this is a good place for newbies. Questions are taken seriously, and answers are given. Our users here are very knowledgeable, and come from a wide spectrum of different specialties in the online business.

Thats pretty much word for word what I was told by Bec last night. Being a newbie, she gave me a ton of useful information (just wish I could remember most of it), and suggestions for boards to join.

I've been very impressed so far by the boards that I have joined because everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Cause when it comes to questions I gotta million of em!

I look forward to exchanging ideas and opinions with everyone and hope to be around for a looooooong time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

:badcomp:

McAttack
05-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by globofun
Link dumps....................newbie here..............you mean forums?

Thanks!

G

Link dumps are sites that allow you to post up a link with no reciprocal link or anything in return.

crazybeautiful
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
that is so right....
we all must be nice....

Evil Chris
05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by McAttack
Link dumps are sites that allow you to post up a link with no reciprocal link or anything in return. Now tell us how you find them McAttack. :p

McAttack
05-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Now tell us how you find them McAttack. :p

Short answer, google. Also, resource sites normally have a bunch of them listed. Cozyfrog and YNot are good starting points. I pretty much haven't used a link dump in a LONG time cause like I said, I use it when I start a new niche that I have zero traffic in, but yeah, those are good starting points.

sammy
05-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SinSational
i agree. this board is great. good info available and not too big that posts get lost in the garbage.

i agree

Evil Chris
05-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Short answer, google. Also, resource sites normally have a bunch of them listed. Cozyfrog and YNot are good starting points. I pretty much haven't used a link dump in a LONG time cause like I said, I use it when I start a new niche that I have zero traffic in, but yeah, those are good starting points. Even if they don't send much high quality traffic, it still gets your URL out there and thus, increases your relevance. Thanks for the tip dude!

globofun
05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
yes.....thanks a lot man!

G

FeTiShLaDy
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
i'm sure xnations is getting lots of referrals now.

i see lots of newbies around.

McAttack
05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Even if they don't send much high quality traffic, it still gets your URL out there and thus, increases your relevance. Thanks for the tip dude!

Yeah the quality is pretty shit but you never know. I've actually gotten a few sales that recurred from them in the past. But basically, I do it right when I launch a new site, to get it spidered as wide as I can by the search engines. Don't know if it helps cause I'm not a real guru and the highest I've ever gotten on google was a PR of 4.

Evil Chris
05-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah the quality is pretty shit but you never know. I've actually gotten a few sales that recurred from them in the past. But basically, I do it right when I launch a new site, to get it spidered as wide as I can by the search engines. Don't know if it helps cause I'm not a real guru and the highest I've ever gotten on google was a PR of 4. Higher than PR4 is a tough barrier to break, and then Google dances and people drop once again.