PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to play Fantasy baseball?

LAJ
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
I got a league going on at Yahoo this year. A lot of smack talking... a lot of fun and depending on how into it you are, the time committment will vary from 10 mins. / day on up to consuming your life LOL.

Last year YNOT Bob took the crown... this year we'll figure out prizes once everyone signs up. Live draft day isn't until March 29... so if you are interested in getting in on the action, please email me at jay at ynot dot com or icq 92418228 right away thanks.

Evil Chris
03-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Not for me this year Jay... I tried it last year and I thought it was too complicated.

Maybe if I tried some steroids I'd be better at it? :)

SinSational
03-15-2005, 12:01 AM
how much is the buy in? i might be interested in this.

LAJ
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
LOL Chris... honestly tho, it's easy! Just a bit time consuming. Hope you'll reconsider...

SinSational... no buy in to play. We'll determine prizes once we have all of our managers tho. Last year we all had to buy the winner a gift indigenous to where they are from for around $50 or so.

Adult Legal Jim is a diehard Bosox fan and could probably use a comrade to help him in his trash talk!

If you would like to join the league lemme know! Still got 2 weeks til draft day.

Evil Chris
03-15-2005, 09:48 AM
You know Jay, I'll give it a shot and see how I do with it.
Make sure you post the joining instructions here.

LAJ
03-15-2005, 10:02 AM
OK man!!!

Here ya go Chris... I'll just cut and paste the info from the thread we have going at YNOT

http://www.ynot.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=82744

The Official YNOT Baseball fantasy league

Greetings sports fans! It's getting to be that time of year again. Springtime! And we all know what happens when we have spring fever? The iron in your blood turns to lead in your pants...

Wait a minute... it also means baseball season is right around the corner!

And so is SEASON 2 for the YNOT Baseball fantasy league on Yahoo sports!

I have set up a fantasy league on Yahoo! so SERIOUS managers only please sign up as this is a VERY competitive league. That means regularly following the game, managing your team on a daily basis (if for just at least 10 minutes a day to check for injuries and your line up) and playing to WIN.

Of course it's important to have fun, but sandbagging and quitting will get you punched in the nuts. This ain't yo mama's league... well, alright maybe it is.

I am looking to have a league of at least 10 teams this year. This will minimize day trading and will even the playing field better (complete list of rules, settings, positions, etc. to follow in this thread). It will also make victory and bragging rights that much sweeter.

Take note though... even if you have a passing interest in baseball and only 1 hour a week to manage your team, that is all that is really necessary. If you have never played the game before, I suggest you hit me up at icq 92418228 or email jay@ynot.com and I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version of how to do it before you sign up.

We'll discuss prizes later once we have our league filled up (and BEFORE draft day), but in the meantime if you or someone you know would be interested in this, please send them the link to this thread and sign up!

And since the regular season doesn't end until early October, this is a 6 month committment

PLEASE NOTE THAT LIVE ONLINE DRAFT DAY IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY MARCH 29 at 6:00 PM (EST) / 3:00 PM (PST).

Commissioner's letter to follow!!

Following is a list of all the settings and what everything basically means:

First things first... you will NEED a YAHOO account. If you don't have one already, sign up at billing.mail.yahoo.com

THEN go to baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com and select "Join a custom league" for the FREE league (not pay league).

After agreeing to the "terms of service", enter league ID and password:

League ID#:

Password:
doyougetit

Then you are good to go to fill out your team info and get ready for draft day later this month.

Draft Type:
Live Draft
(Make sure you test this on your computer, otherwise if it doesn't work, you will need to prerank all your players, or else the system will select automatically for you with the highest ranked players available on each draft round)

Draft Time:
Tue Mar 29 6:00pm EST / 3:00pm PST

Maximum Teams:
(this means that our league will allow up to 12 managers - we'll be scoring rotisserie style and including all players in the MLB)

Max Moves:
(You are allowed 36 adds and drops during the regular season. This will force you to have to be selective of who you have on your bench and will make you choose wisely rather than day trading. Everyone surpassed 36 adds/drops last year so pace yourself accordingly)

Max Trades:
(No manager completed 12 trades last year but since we anticipate more managers this year, you'll need to select your trades wisely)

Trade Reject Time:
2 days
(more info on this below)

Trade End Date:
July 31, 2005

Waiver Time:
2 days
(If a player is on the free agent list and more than one manager wants that player on his team, the process will take 2 days and will be selected on a waiver order. This means that if you recently had the top of the order for waiver selection, regardless of how you prioritize your selections for the next round, you will automatcally be moved to the bottom of the list to allow for other managers to get a top waiver position, and so on.)

Can't Cut List Provider:
Yahoo! Sports
(This prevents anyone from just dumping all their players if they lose interest in the league mid-season)

Trade Review:
Commissioner
(More info on this below)

Max Games Played:
(You will be allowed 160 games for each fielding position on your team throughout the season. Be sure to monitor this!)

Max Innings Pitched:
(You will be allowed 1250 innings for all of your pitching... this includes all starters and relievers in your active line up. Be sure to monitor this!)

Start Scoring on:
Sunday, Apr 3
(When the season begins is when we'll be scoring for our league!)

Roster_Positions:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

(Your team will be allowed up to 9 fielding positions, 7 pitching positions, 5 bench positions, and 2 disabled positions)

Batting_Categories:
R (Runs), H (Hits), HR (Home Runs), RBI (Runs Batted in), SB (Stolen Bases), HBP (Hit by Pitch), AVG (Batting average)

Pitching Categories:
W (Wins), SHO (Shut Outs), SV (Saves), BB (Walks), K (Strikeouts), ERA (Earned Run Average), WHIP (Walks + Hits over innings percentage)

So in addition to all the standard positions and stats... This year a few fun categories have been added as well as an additional DL since the best players always seem to hurt themselves during the season LOL.

And now, a final note about trade reviews, trade time, trade rejections and vetoes...

In the interest of fair play, there won't be a veto vote this year like last in which 1/3 of the managers can veto a trade. Instead, I have set the trade time to last 2 days (like last year) but all votes on trades that are proposed and accepted will be voted on by all managers. In order for a trade to be denied this year, there will need to be a minimum of over 50% against the trade and NOT including the managers involved in the trade. This means that if we have 10 managers, 5 managers of the remaining 8 teams must vote against the trade in order for it to be denied. Voting will be done publicly in our league chatroom on Yahoo. If a trade is denied, then that's it. It won't go through. If the same trade is proposed and accepted from the same managers even after it was denied by a fair vote, the two managers involved will lose trading rights for two weeks. Trash talk and battle egos all ya want this year... but if you are bored with the league, take up public masturbation instead

That being said... let's keep it fun, fair and cutthroat... YNOT Bob was the champion for YNOT Baseball Season 1 and needs to be dethroned.

Good Luck to everyone!

Evil Chris
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm in Jay! :xthumbs:

LAJ
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
NICE!

We are up to 9 managers now!

SinSational
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
count me in. i'll hit you up on icq.

LAJ