PDA

View Full Version : watercooled pc

wsjb78
12-08-2002, 11:48 AM
http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56924

a funny "what not to do" story

Juge
12-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, man I would be PISSED.

Mister X
12-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Man. I read that whole first page of the thread and I still wasn't able to decide if that guy was a moron or making a joke. ::-|

Slick
12-08-2002, 01:49 PM
ROFL, that's hilarious. I've heard of water cooling your PC and saw people doing it with hoses and stuff on tv, I'd NEVER even consider sealing off the case of my computer and filling it with water, that's just asking for problems, he he he.

RedShoe
12-08-2002, 02:09 PM
I love this guy's response...

"Where you went wrong was this : with this method you need to have a return pipe to ensure a steady flow of nice cool water, as you have found just filling the pc case just isn't enough and will result in rapid overheating!! "

Rapid overheating, Bwaahahahaha

MarkTiarra
12-08-2002, 02:21 PM
In our adventures of putting the network gaming center together we saw all kinds of case mods and custom stuff. One guy even ran some kind of system that tubed air conditioning stuff from a car (freon right?) through the box. It's become a bit of a show off thing to see who can do the more whakced out mod.

RedShoe
12-08-2002, 02:30 PM
the most eloborate mod I ever did was out of laziness. When I built one of my PC's I didn't finish putting the case together, I just started hooking it up. So it sat naked, and all exposed for several years. The internal slave hard drive, was just laying on the bottom of the shell.

wsjb78
12-08-2002, 02:53 PM
my desktop is always naked.... I'm just too lazy to but on the case again...

Panky
12-08-2002, 03:13 PM
I had to re-read that thread I was laughing so hard. :D

I loved the response "Should've used ice cream." That and the one about the fish tank. Oh yeah... and the gasoline.

Then the guy blames the freakin' board cuz they posted ideas and teasers and never put the complete instructions. Like it's the boards fault this guy didn't do his homework! LOL

Then the pics yet...

Now his inlaws have confirmation that he is an idiot.

:xhappy:

Panky