PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything worse than your kid being sick?

LAJ
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't think so... my 14 month old up all night with a virus.. UGH

Funbrunette
03-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Nope, it makes you feel so helpless :( Hope your little guys is feeling better this morning!:)

Evil Chris
03-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Been there Jay... it's not fun.
Our little guy and yours are about the same age.

LAJ
03-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks FB...

And yeah... I can't think of anything less fun than feeling helpless while your kid suffers... His temp hit 103 last night and is now down to 100 fortunately. Mommy is really paying the price as well...

Evil Chris
03-15-2005, 10:16 AM
When he gets really hot, try taking a bath with him in tepid water. Works well for us. He'll hate it, but the payoff is worth it for him.

Could he have Roseola?
http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.html
Starts with 4 days of bad fever, then becomes a rash for about one day.
Kinda like a mini case of the measles. Our guy had it last month.

sexylady
03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
:( you know, when my nephew got sick, it is really hard for all of us in the house, we sent him in the hospital and prayed for him and thanks God, he is only having a teeth. :)

LAJ
03-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah our kid is teething like crazy... we actually gave him that lukewarm bath last night but then when his fever went up, we ended up going to the ER... which was full of people with the flu... so we walked around with him and he started feeling much better (possibly from the night air).. so we left.

Thanks for the link Chris... probably one more thing that mommy doesn't need to read (she'll panic LOL) but we'll look it over, thanks.

BobbyR
03-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Poor little dude. Nothing worse than taking them to the ER. It doesn't change when they get a little older. They still get sick....you'll still be worried sick.

Originally posted by LAJ
Yeah our kid is teething like crazy... we actually gave him that lukewarm bath last night but then when his fever went up, we ended up going to the ER... which was full of people with the flu... so we walked around with him and he started feeling much better (possibly from the night air).. so we left.

Thanks for the link Chris... probably one more thing that mommy doesn't need to read (she'll panic LOL) but we'll look it over, thanks.

dyonisus
03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Hope he starts feeling better soon

LAJ
03-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the support folks...

He's doing much better today... temp. is about 100 degrees and he's eating and sleeping a bit more and not projectile vomiting thankfully.

Rochard
03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I've been lucky. My four and a half year old has only been sick once.

My best friend - the Godmother of my child - has two kids and they are sick constantly. (They live in Montana so that might explain it.)

SinSational
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
i haven't had to experience that quite yet..........someday.

Janell
03-16-2005, 06:09 PM
It's hard when they cry in pain.. You just want to make things better at all costs.