PDA

View Full Version : gay domains

Evil Chris
03-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I own a lot of domains, as I'm sure many of you do.
The bulk of the domains I own are adult in nature, and mainly straight orientation.

However I do own a couple of gay oriented domains.
I'm just not sure what I should do with them due to my relative inexperience on the gay side of the biz.

I own bookstoreboys.com and bookstoreguys.com

DonMike
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Evil Chris, it's not unheard of by any means for straight guys to run gay websites. It's like anything, you have to know your audience. Run your text and design past some gay friends if you want to be safe with your concept. There are lots of things that can be said that will be offensive and totally turn off your audience before they even go into your site.

And btw, if you are thinking "book store" guys should feature hot guys in Barnes and Nobles, you may want to sell the domains right now. LOL!!!

TheLegacy
03-22-2005, 02:34 PM
its your call - suggest designing a small site with some content.. build it with traffic.. then sell it showing a profit.. make more money than just a domain

those are great names and have a unique twist - hell even having nerdy guys meeting

Evil Chris
03-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the advice. I got the idea during a conversation at GWW awhile back. There was talk of a niche where guys go to gay bookstores and get a gloryhole treatment. :)

I have no idea how much truth is to the story, but I though buying a couple of domains might be worth a try.

DonMike
03-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

I have no idea how much truth is to the story, but I though buying a couple of domains might be worth a try.

There's truth to it, not that I would know. Heh heh. :P

But really, I was in the village in NYC one time, in my younger more innocent years, and I saw a sign that said "Bookstore". I went in and there was nothing but an empty room, a little desk with a man at it, and a doorway with a black curtain. I walked in, looked around innocently and said, "so... where are the books?".

The guy looked at me like I was nuts, and he said, very matter of factly "You've got to be kidding". LOL!!!

In all honesty, I've never gone into the back room of a bookstore. I even live around the corner of a gay adult theater and I've never been inside. LOL!!!

andymike
03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
They sound like they would be great names for a reality site. The theme being picking up young college guys at a bookstore for their first time.

Hmmmm, is it hot or is it just me? lol

Evil Chris
03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey what's up andymike?

That's not a bad idea, but I'm not interested in starting a paysite. Rather, I would build a free site and direct the traffic someplace else. Any suggestions?

andymike
03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey Chris,

Working and getting ready for Phx. How are you doing?

I do know a hot movie site that you can send the traffic too. ;)