PDA

View Full Version : Online designer products

sofy60
03-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Online designer products

Im interested in finding out if any of you use web designers that are online like a site builder type product. Or wether you use software like frontpage or dreamweaver.
What percentage of the public do you feel would need an easy online designer?

Panky
03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm not a designer, but I prefer Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I can hold my own, but I wouldn't classify myself as a designer.

The problem with "site builders" is that some are intimidating to people, cumbersome to use, and/or are bland.

Other people would rather just pay someone to do their design because it's easier , they themselves don't have time, and/or lack in imagination or creativity.

I'm not saying that a site builder can't be profitable and brandable. Some affiliates would probably jump on one, especially if they don't have money to pay a designer or designing a site from scratch is intimidating. It just needs to be user friendly, offer variety, and sparks creativity with ease. Too many site builders all produce sites that generally all look the same.

blazi
03-23-2005, 10:32 PM
depends on the project and who your target audience is, could vary so much depending on the job really