PDA

View Full Version : Charity hockey game last night

Evil Chris
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
There was a charity hockey game last night in Hamilton featuring NHL players. It was pretty entertaining, certainly to hockey starved people like myself. Was cool to see Doug Gilmour on the ice once again.

Mike Vanderjagt, who is a kicker for the Indianapolis Colts was even there playing. He's Canadian, something I didn't know, and before moving to football, played triple A hockey. Just for fun he tried kicking a field goal during the 2nd intermission. There were playing outside in the middle of the Hamilton Tigercats football field.

It was all for fun and charity. I thought the guys did a great job of it too considering it was very cold and raining heavily throughout the entire game.

dyonisus
04-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I have been watching OHL since there have been no LEAFS, SK's family are from Londan and that team has been on a winning path all season... GO LONDON KNIGHTS

I would have liked to see Gilmore on the ice...

Panky
04-03-2005, 07:36 PM
It's cool that you got to see a game where the players actually wanted to play for fun and enjoyed doing it. That's how sports should be. Not all this crap about how much can they squeeze for a paycheck and then bitch because instead of a 7 million dollar contract, they got 5 million.

Whatever happened to playing the sport for the love of the game? Some athletes just got way too damn greedy and lost focus on what the game is really about. Sure, these professional athletes deserve paychecks, but they should also have to earn them. They can cap the earnings at a reasonable amount. The athletes make so much more money off of endorsements and other business ventures, it's just some of these guys got way too damn greedy.