PDA

View Full Version : Weed to be decriminalized in Canada within 4 months!!!!

cool1
12-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Justice Minister Martin Cauchon said Monday
he wants to take steps to decriminalize marijuana within the next four months.

Pot to be decriminalized the whole story (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1039473928948_41///?hub=TopStories)

Fukneh! I can wait. No More hiding
no more worrying about getting busted. Whoohoo!!
Maybe the price will go down. Hey I can Dream can't I

This is gonna be my new avatar.

AcidMaX
12-10-2002, 07:25 AM
If decriminalized, possession of small amounts of marijuana, likely anything less than an ounce, would still be illegal. But rather than face a court date, offenders would get a ticket and a fine instead. Rather than a criminal matter, it's more like a speeding or a parking ticket.

Interesting. If this goes through I wonder how the US would react to these changes. Although I have never smoked pot, I think we should reduce the sentence for having small amounts as well. I don't see marijuana killing people as much as alcohol related accidents do on the road here in the US.

Juge
12-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by AcidMaX
Interesting. If this goes through I wonder how the US would react to these changes. Although I have never smoked pot, I think we should reduce the sentence for having small amounts as well. I don't see marijuana killing people as much as alcohol related accidents do on the road here in the US. Good point. Another good thing is that if it's legalized, then it should be regulated. There's no chance of you buying moonshine at the liquor store when all you wanted was rum, and the same sort of thing will be in place for this, as well. Since you never really know what you are getting when you buy it on the street.

Vid Vicious
12-10-2002, 10:54 AM
YAh! now that's Politics at work!