PDA

View Full Version : The Simpson's Are Making A Movie

gnat69
06-14-2005, 09:25 AM
June 13, 2005

(BANG) - 'The Simpsons' star Nancy Cartwright has revealed the movie version of the much-loved cartoon show is underway.

The actress, who voices Bart Simpson, has confessed the long-awaited project is finally in pre-production after months of speculation.

She said: "We've just done the table read for 'The Simpsons' movie, so now we're actually in production."

However, Cartwright insists the film won't be ready for at least two years.

She added: "I can't talk much more about it, but it's going to be great and the fans are going to dig it."

Previously, creator Matt Groening had hinted the series, which started in 1989, would end with a big-screen adaptation.

But Groening recently revealed he had no plans on calling time on the show because it was still attracting massive viewing figures.

:xpopcorn:

TheLegacy
06-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I hate it when they scare me with "we are going to stop doing the simpsons".. I want my kids to see it and their kids... never go off.. NEVER

Evil Chris
06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
2 years???

Yet they crank out a new episode each week for TV. Weird...
It's about time they did a movie though. I figured they would have long time ago.

IwantU Bryan
06-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Thats great news, SImpsons are the best Show !!!

McAttack
06-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm kinda scared by this. Hopefully they won't go too outrageous because it's the big screen and they have much more time to do stuff.

MindyBlingBucks
06-15-2005, 11:17 AM
I always thought it was a funny show, but I won't go out of my way to watch it. Then again, I don't watch tv . . .ever. . .

The Simpsons definitely have a strong following. I'll probably go see the movie when it comes out.:D

Evil Chris
06-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I stopped watching the Simpsons back in.... hmm... 1991 I think.

Evil Chris
06-15-2005, 12:09 PM
This is the first Simpson's episode I ever saw. Back in like 1989 or something. It's only about a minute long and it was a cartoon short on the Tracy Ullman show.

The Family Portrait.
I remember laughing until I cried at this thing.

http://www.homerize.com/shorts/mg25.rm

Sorry about it being in RM format.