PDA

View Full Version : Karla Homolka will be freed in the next few days

Evil Chris
06-21-2005, 01:18 PM
The exact date won't be released to the public, but they are saying anywhere from this Wednesday (tomorrow) to Sunday.

Here's an interesting article (http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=88b020c7-c018-470b-90e6-719366d59c65) on the story.

Vid Vicious
06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I got dibbs on her first scene :p

Magnus3x
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I can't wait for the vigilantes!!!

Funbrunette
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
That's just terrible! I'm sure authorities feel stupid having made a deal with her (prior to having seen the tapes she and Bernardo made) They say she's going to be living in NDG...Well I can't say I would be a friendly neighbor if she moved next to me...::-|

My guess is she's going to have an "accident" and die...People hate her and the fact that she slipped through the system this way is an outrage!...Would you want her as your neighbor?

What's more sickning is the fact that she got her degree in psychology (with tax payers hard earned money) I'd like to see her try and practice....lol :bonk:

Funbrunette
06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Tell me she doesn't look Evil! ::-|

WEGRuth
06-21-2005, 04:54 PM
it's truly sad what can happen sometimes

My hubby was amazed and appalled at this info when I showed it to him - he thought she was gonna be in jail til she died cos of what she did.

Amazing how people can be allowed to walk free when they have been convicted of a terrible heinous crime like that.

I feel sorry for the families of the victims, it certainly doesn't seem like Justice is being served on this one.

Funbrunette
06-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by WEGRuth
it's truly sad what can happen sometimes

My hubby was amazed and appalled at this info when I showed it to him - he thought she was gonna be in jail til she died cos of what she did.

Amazing how people can be allowed to walk free when they have been convicted of a terrible heinous crime like that.

I feel sorry for the families of the victims, it certainly doesn't seem like Justice is being served on this one.

You're absolutely right Ruth...The family will never really get closure, I followed the case very closely and read somewhere that Karen French (One of the victims mother got severely depressed when she heard karla was going to be released and had to stop working) mean while Karla is about to start a brand new life...Where is the justice there? Well I strongly believe in karma...so watch out Karla! ::-|

McAttack
06-21-2005, 06:32 PM
She's not moving to NDG anymore, or at least said she wasn't. Says the rent is too high. GOOD! Stay out of my area you fuckin' psycho!

But what's scary is she's going to change her name, she'll obviously look different than the pictures we all know.

Socks Manly
06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
She killed her own sister, for fun, with her boyfriend.

BRING BACK THE FIRING SQUAD, PLEASE.

I feel ashamed that my country is so pansy to not put their foot down in such cases. There should be a law against LACK OF COMMON SENSE.

Evil Chris
06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Socks Manly
She killed her own sister, for fun, with her boyfriend.
Not to take anything away from the other murders, but the killing (accidental or not) of her sister and her nonchalant actions afterwards would be reason enough for me to put her away forever.

Socks Manly
06-22-2005, 11:37 PM
The government actually feels a need to protect her! Like it isn't enough that we HAVE to let her go, we also HAVE to make sure she stays safe?! horrible.

I believe in capital punishment, general population, and NO help against the public. I think I hang off one of the wings, not sure which. ;)

dyonisus
06-24-2005, 03:19 PM
It would be interesting to see the tapes, purely to see just how involved she was. I mean she has claimed abuse right, but then I think she masterminded the abuse angle to make certain she beat the rap. 12 yrs for 3 rape/murders that is one sweet deal.

Consider as well that she did this all before she was 25. Imagine the damage if she had never been caught. The woman should be condemned to life in prison with no chance of talking to another soul the rest of her days.

Funbrunette
06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
It would be interesting to see the tapes, purely to see just how involved she was. I mean she has claimed abuse right, but then I think she masterminded the abuse angle to make certain she beat the rap. 12 yrs for 3 rape/murders that is one sweet deal.

Consider as well that she did this all before she was 25. Imagine the damage if she had never been caught. The woman should be condemned to life in prison with no chance of talking to another soul the rest of her days.

I read that during the trial some of the jurors actually got sick from watching them...I can't even imagine the poor family that had to watch their daughters being raped and tortured on tape. :(

cdsmith
06-25-2005, 08:41 AM
It was said on the news a few days ago that she is expected to end up on welfare and living somewhere in Montreal, eventually. Great, not only is she a convicted murdering bitch but now she gets to live off of taxpayers money.

Of course no one would hire her so there's probably no other way, but that doesn't make it suck any less. Strange why she wouldn't just kill herself, I mean where in the world could she go and not be known for what she did? No other country would want or accept her, no community in Canada is going to want her.

Starting her own business is out of the question too. No one's going to be granting her a day care license anytime soon, and no one in their right mind would allow this chick into their home to clean it. Catering business? I'd be afraid she'd poison me.

McAttack
06-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cdsmith
It was said on the news a few days ago that she is expected to end up on welfare and living somewhere in Montreal, eventually. Great, not only is she a convicted murdering bitch but now she gets to live off of taxpayers money.

Well, she HAS been living off taxpayers money in prison.

cdsmith
06-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by McAttack
Well, she HAS been living off taxpayers money in prison. Obviously.

It's the part about continuing to live off my dime AFTER prison that was, um, the point of my post.

dyonisus
06-27-2005, 03:45 PM
the days tick down and we wait for the flurry of press... really she does not deserve the publicity

Funbrunette
06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
the days tick down and we wait for the flurry of press... really she does not deserve the publicity

Hate to break it to you, but she's out! ::-| Saw her at Subway today! lol Seriously I was told (by my sources) that she was released Friday!

McAttack
06-27-2005, 06:48 PM

I think she does. I think we should all have the ability to know where she's living for the safety of the kids. What she doesn't deserve is if she writes a book about her "experience", she shouldn't get any press for it, or any sales. that's what I think.

Odie
06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
You're absolutely right Ruth...The family will never really get closure, I followed the case very closely and read somewhere that Karen French (One of the victims mother got severely depressed when she heard karla was going to be released and had to stop working) mean while Karla is about to start a brand new life...Where is the justice there? Well I strongly believe in karma...so watch out Karla! ::-|

It breaks my heart everytime I hear about the turmoil the families have gone through. I can't wait for someone to pull out her nails and her teeth! one by one. cut out her insides n make her eat her hair..then there would be a lil bit of justice b/c then she would know how Kristen suffered.

*chills down my spine* I hate that woman!:skull:

Vid Vicious
06-30-2005, 05:55 PM
she hasn't been released yet .. the company I work with takes care of the Satelite feed .. there are cameras parked all over the place on Karla watch ..so far nothing, Other then her plea for media restraint

WEGRuth
06-30-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm really confused.

Okay, so they're letting her out, we can't do anything about that it seems since she made a deal a long time ago.

However, is it really the government's responsiblity to ensure that she is safe?

What about the people she killed? Did the government secure their safety?

What about other criminals who are released - such as pedophiles - where the neighbouring community MUST be informed if there is one to be living there - sure, they get rejected, but at least it is taking care of the CITIZENS safety, not the CRIMINALS safety - why is she outside of THIS?

Since when did a convicted rapist/murderer deserve MORE rights than anyone else who is actually TRYING to be a good citizen?

Why is the government protecting her and offering her a 'safe' route out of jail?

ALL OF THIS confuses me.

The world is a depressing place sometimes

|end rant|

Funbrunette
06-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious
she hasn't been released yet .. the company I work with takes care of the Satelite feed .. there are cameras parked all over the place on Karla watch ..so far nothing, Other then her plea for media restraint

Keep us posted Mike...I read somewhere that July 5th or 6th is the official date.

McAttack
07-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by WEGRuth

However, is it really the government's responsiblity to ensure that she is safe?

sure, they get rejected, but at least it is taking care of the CITIZENS safety, not the CRIMINALS safety - why is she outside of THIS?

Since when did a convicted rapist/murderer deserve MORE rights than anyone else who is actually TRYING to be a good citizen?

In cold blooded, black & white terms that justice has to look at things, the laws are there to protect EVERYONE. She is in the government's custody and so they must ensure that she isn't released into a dangerous area.

And as for a convicted rapist getting more than regular folks, I always bring up the Mike Tyson example. I was working at a bar during the Tyson/Holyfield fight (where Tyson bit the ear) and I couldn't believe that half of the people that were there cheering for Tyson were women. They were cheering for a convicted rapist. THAT is sick.