PDA

View Full Version : Promises & Lies

Rochard
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Sometimes it's so damn hard to figure out if someone is telling the truth or not.

How do you tell when someone means what they say?

Funbrunette
06-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Rochard
Sometimes it's so damn hard to figure out if someone is telling the truth or not.

I guess you have to trust people once in a while Richard, there really isn't a way to tell until you cross the bridge...Once in a while we all get burnt!
:p

Gruntled
06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Psychology and poker.

Cold_ice
06-21-2005, 11:57 PM

How do you tell when someone means what they say? Assume they don't and you will be alright.

Rochard
06-22-2005, 12:02 AM
So Cold_ice is telling me it will never happen.

Someone is promising me the world, but in order for me to get to that point I'd have to move a mountain, jump through some hoops, invest some money, pull a lot of strings, and call in some pretty heft favors.

Is the grass really greener on the other side?

Cold_ice
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
So Cold_ice is telling me it will never happen.

Someone is promising me the world, but in order for me to get to that point I'd have to move a mountain, jump through some hoops, invest some money, pull a lot of strings, and call in some pretty heft favors.

Is the grass really greener on the other side? If they are making you go thur all that is it really worth it. Every situation is different maybe if you gave us a little more detail we could help you out. But its safe to say that a person should expect nothing from nobody, you will get further that way.

McAttack
06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
I dated a girl that I pretty much read her like a book when it came to that. It was a simple little trick really. Everytime she lied, her lips moved.

bitch!

Zebra
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Richard, I promise that I'm not lying to you.

thruma
06-22-2005, 02:34 AM
the way I see it. If it's going to cost you to much to find out then don't do it.
If the cost is something you can afford to lose then it might be worth the risk.

If it works out you've starting building a bridge to future trustworthy ventures.

If they cheat you then you took a calculated risk and lost.

If you're even needing to ask the question though then you must feel something isn't right with it

Funbrunette
06-22-2005, 08:04 AM
:bonk: Men...I'm going to start a colum on the board, Cold_Ice gave me a great idea, instead of Dear Abby it will be Dear FB! :cool:

crazybeautiful
06-22-2005, 11:04 AM

only if you remove that paper bag out of your head...

:bonk:

Funbrunette
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by crazybeautiful
only if you remove that paper bag out of your head...

:bonk:

Mouahahahahahahaha! :cackle: