PDA

View Full Version : Trillian

DonMike
06-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Okay, my Trillian saga continues. Anyone else having problems with it? Mine keeps shutting off my ICQ and AIM and restarting. And today it keeps spitting out repeated messages to me. Very strange. I love the text history feature so I don't want to give it up. But it's driving me batty. And the help page hasn't been helping. :bonk:

crazybeautiful
06-28-2005, 05:01 PM
the only problem i have with trillian is it doesn't add new contacts.

when i click the add button, it doesnt show or do anything & it wastes so much time doing the same thing over and over.

it sucks. but miranda sucks more!

Gruntled
06-29-2005, 05:02 AM
I haven't used Trillian in a long time, but it sounds like you need an upgrade....

have you tried gaim?

sammy
06-29-2005, 07:28 AM
trillian pro there and its work 100% :)

DonMike
06-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gruntled
I haven't used Trillian in a long time, but it sounds like you need an upgrade....

have you tried gaim?

I'm looking at the site now. My one question... I'm not that computer savvy. Can I run this without having a vast knowledge of computer systems and languages?

crazybeautiful
06-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by sammy
trillian pro there and its work 100% :)

i'll see what i can do with my trillian that sucks :rolleyes:

Gruntled
06-30-2005, 01:12 AM
You can run gaim easily. Just get the version you need for your system (windows, linux, whatever). The rest of the site is essentially for developers to volunteer time, etc.

It handles ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, Jabber, badu-badu, IRC, etc. etc.

I've been using it on Linux and windows both for over two years, connecting to all of my accounts.

DonMike
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
It may be our internet connection. I'm going to stick it out for a few days and see what happens. I may try the pro. Switching chat clients is like moving to a new house. I'm gonna make sure before I do it. Thanks for all the help, everyone. :)