PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds!

Funbrunette
06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
I give it a 10! Amazing special effects! Too bad Spielberg played it safe with his choice of leads. I've never liked Dakota Fanning's acting although many do. It's overdone and I can't stand her whiny voice. Fortunately, she's matured somewhat and does a passable job in this picture except for that voice... :bonk:

I strongly recomend it! :xthumbs:

IwantU Bryan
06-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Great movie definitely worth watching

indianboy
07-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the recommendations!

JohnShinil.

Zebra
07-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Having kids really helps drive the movie home. What would you do in that kind of a situation. Would you kill to protect your kids? How far would you go? i think that was the subject of the story. The alien invasion was just the background.

Funbrunette
07-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Zebra
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Having kids really helps drive the movie home. What would you do in that kind of a situation. Would you kill to protect your kids? How far would you go? i think that was the subject of the story. The alien invasion was just the background.

I would do ANYTHING for Ryan, yes even kill if I had too....You're right Chad, I thought the exact same thing when I watched the movie. :)

wildgirl
07-02-2005, 11:23 AM
haven't seen it yet but my friends told me that it was really good :)

crazybeautiful
07-02-2005, 03:56 PM
im really gonna see it...can't wait.

been hearing so much about it :D

McAttack
07-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I give it a 10! Amazing special effects! Too bad Spielberg played it safe with his choice of leads. I've never liked Dakota Fanning's acting although many do. It's overdone and I can't stand her whiny voice. Fortunately, she's matured somewhat and does a passable job in this picture except for that voice... :bonk:

I strongly recomend it! :xthumbs:

Haven't seen it yet but I think I will next week. And as for Dakota, you have to admit that she was incredibly cute in Sam I Am.

Funbrunette
07-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by McAttack
Haven't seen it yet but I think I will next week. And as for Dakota, you have to admit that she was incredibly cute in Sam I Am.

I didn't see "Sam I am" but I did see "I am Sam" :nyanya:

McAttack
07-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I didn't see "Sam I am" but I did see "I am Sam" :nyanya:

It's the Dr. Seuss version of it. :)

FeTiShLaDy
07-04-2005, 09:46 AM
i didn't bother to watch it but went to see Monster-in-law instead but the movie was ok..there was nothing special on it.