PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: I have taken the ACACIA issue to the mainstream and am making this public

MetaformX
12-13-2002, 10:54 PM
I know Holio and homegrown vid. are orchestrating a legal fight against ACACIA...I believe that in order for this battle to be won, we need to fully expose the extortion efforts of Acacia. Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to orchestrate a public fight to bring this into the internet community’s attention. I have started contacting the major news organizations regarding what Acacia is doing.

Today I heard back from the producer of the Online Tonight show with David Lawrence that is aired on CNET and over 90 radio stations across the nation.
cnet.com/broadband/0-7227152-7-7228989.html

The producer is now contacting the Acacia legal team to get a better perspective of what Acacia is doing, and she wants to have a representative from the adult community on to discuss this with Mr. Lawrence. She stated that from what I have told her, she believes that Acacia is targeting the adult community unfairly, but will have to speak with both sides first.

I would be glad to speak with Mr. Lawrence on this issue, but I think it is better if we have either an attorney or someone who is very familiar with patent laws to be the public spokesman. I am contacting the Holio legal team as we speak to get this going.

FYI, I have not been contacted by Acacia, but I care about the welfare of this industry and I think a public campaign to make everyone else aware can be very much to our advantage. I will keep you all informed on my progress.

MetaformX

mailman
12-14-2002, 06:08 PM
thank you....

Evil Chris
12-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Meta, please keep us up to date on what's happening with this issue please!!
This is important stuff! ::-|

Danny_C
12-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Meta, please keep us up to date on what's happening with this issue please!!
This is important stuff! ::-|

Indeed.

Mister X
12-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Interesting article: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,767313,00.asp

Evil Chris
01-02-2003, 10:51 AM
http://www.youmaybenext.com/

This might be an interesting read....