PDA

View Full Version : Walking for a cure for cancer…

Kenny B
07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey All! I wanted to let everyone know about a special event that I’ll be participating in called The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. It is a 2-day 60 km (37 mile) walk taking place in Montreal with thousands of other men and women and the net proceeds will support breast cancer research & treatment.

As some of you know, my mother was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer last year. She has since had the infected kidney removed and now in good health. Here are some scary numbers that I’ve found through the National Cancer Institute of Canada and herSource.com, approximately 20,500 Canadian women 250,000 American women and will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 45,000 will die from the disease. Those numbers are ever growing and have to stop, that's why I'm doing this walk.

I’ve seen how generous the webmaster community has been in the past when it comes to helping various charity organization and I hope you guys can come through yet again. I've agreed to raise at least $2,000, which is the minimum I need to raise in order to walk. I’d love to surpass that minimum so I need your help.

If you would like to donate towards my walk please contact me by email (ken at iacash.com), by icq: 53962376, toll free 866-735-8805 or post your contact information to this thread and I will let you know the url where you can donate online. I am not taking any donations personally, it will all go through the charities website and all donations of $10 and more are tax deductible.

I am trying to put together an incentive package for those who donate, something to say thank you. At the moment I can offer anyone who makes a donation live feeds for their site. I am not here to promote or spam the feeds so if you want more information please contact me.

I don’t have the resources to hold an auction but if you would like to offer up a product or service to help raise funds please let me know or post it here.

Many of us have so much to be thankful for, this is for a great cause and any donation is very appreciated!

Thank you,
Kenny B!

Funbrunette
07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Good for you Kenny! It's a wonderful thing you're doing! I'm made my donation! I hope everyone at Xnations can make a donation, every little bit helps! :)

Evil Chris
07-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Proof that even webmasters can make time for a good cause once in awhile.
:xthumbs:

Kenny B
07-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much for your donation Chris & FB, I'll post the link to my personal page on the End Cancer site, if anyone wants to donate you can do it straight through that page:
http://mo05.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1000&px=1109558

A few bucks won't make a difference to you now but it can save the life of someone you love down the road!

cheeky
07-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Kenny B
Thanks so much for your donation Chris & FB, I'll post the link to my personal page on the End Cancer site, if anyone wants to donate you can do it straight through that page:
http://mo05.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1000&px=1109558

A few bucks won't make a difference to you now but it can save the life of someone you love down the road!

Thanks Kenny B - this is a great cause to be walking for and to donate to.

Also a big thanks for letting me share your story and why you are walking with the readers of Women's Health Information (http://www.womenshealthinformation.info/)