PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism in London

Evil Chris
07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
At least four explosions this morning...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/07/07/london-subway050707.html

Sad stuff...

gabrio
07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
yeah pretty crazy... not too far from here.

cool1
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
A terrible thing to happen.
damn terrorists

Funbrunette
07-07-2005, 09:58 AM
OMG that's awful :( Gabrio stay safe sweetie!

McAttack
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
My roommate's mom is a vice principal at a high school here, every year they take a trip to europe. They were in London today, two stations away from the explosions. She just called us a while ago to tell us they're all ok. Holy shit man.

Funbrunette
07-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by gabrio
yeah pretty crazy... not too far from here.

Wait a minute...Don't you live in Italy???? Not that close...:p

Rochard
07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
During World War it was common for both sides to bomb entire towns. I mean carpet bomb entire towns, leading to fire storms, doing more damage than the nukes dropped on Japan. As smart weapons improved it's now considered polictally incorrect for civilian casualites. At the same time these terrorists have no problem attacking innocent people.

This is just horrible.

They use our Western laws to protect themselves and hide amoung us, just have no problem breaking any laws to kill innocent people.

Evil Chris
07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
I bet this has nothing to do with the fact that London just became host city for the 2012 Olympics. Probably more to do with how the UK supported the US in their efforts in Iraq.

But who the hell knows. These fundamental zealot/terrorists are fucking idiots and they all need to take life a little less seriously.

Rochard
07-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I fail to understand "their" logic here. Attacking and killing innocent people isn't going to change anything, it's only going to seriously upset people and make them rally around the cause - not cave in to their demands.

Look at the end result of 9/11. The attacks woke up a beast, and the US went on the warpath. The US did in Afganstan what the Russians couldn't do in ten years of fighting. The 9/11 attacks caused the US to create new laws to fight this kind of activity, and also prompted us to find new ways to get around laws currently in place. Now the US is kiddnapping people in Italy and transporting them to other countries where there are no laws.

Somewhere along the lines the people involved in these attacks need to accept the truth - No race is better than any other, and all races have the right to exist on an equal platform. There is no "chosen race" better than all of the others.

Braincash_Pat
07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Sad and terrifying story.

wildgirl
07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
so sad, those were crazy terrorists!

kaustic
07-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I have a friend over there... she was basically in the middle of the triangle... luckily she was not working... and thus was not on the trains this morning.

McAttack
07-08-2005, 07:03 AM
starting to get a little worried. I emailed a few friends that live out there and none have replied yet. Now they're not the types that check their own personal emails on a daily basis, but still.....

FeTiShLaDy
07-08-2005, 09:37 AM
it's really awful and sad!

i hate these terrorists, i think they should die too.