PDA

View Full Version : Would you adopt?

Funbrunette
07-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm just curious...If you couldn't have children or if you didn't have a partner would you consider adoption?

FeTiShLaDy
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
if i don't have a partner...yes i will consider adoption.:)

McAttack
07-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah I think I would. I was watching this thing on TV, Mind of Mencia. He had this funny bit about adoption actually, about how everybody's adopting overseas and stuff. He did a bit about the unadopted children of america. Shows this one kid and he's like "This kid will never be adopted, it's a shame" and the kid's like "My mom says my dad is an NBA star" and Carlos Mencia goes "See! Why waste your time with some foreign kid when you could cash in on his jump shot?" lol!

but seriously, yes I would but I wouldn't go to adoption very early. I look at my sister, she's tried for years to have a child and theyw ere starting to consider adoption. But finally she got pregnant and is now due in november. Side not, I can't WAIT to be an uncle.

Ronaldo
07-20-2005, 10:13 AM
My wife is adopted-which explains a lot about her.

I had never thought about adoption until she told me that she wanted to adopt. It was fine with me, but then one day she relented and admitted that she couldn't be positive that she would be able to love the child as much as her own. For her, that's an amazing self revelation.

If we didn't have our own though, I'm sure she would have pushed me into it.

Sheri Santiago
07-20-2005, 10:34 AM
If I couldn't have children, I'd adopt. However at this point, I am very far away from wanting a kid.

MindyBlingBucks
07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Hahaha, Sheri, I know what you mean. I'm very far from wanting a child right now.

But I think if I decided I wanted to raise a child, partner or not, I would consider adoption.

I'm kind of half and half. Everyone who wants children dream of having their own. But there's another side of me that thinks how selfish it would be of me to create another person in this world, just because I wanted them to look like me, or because I wanted to create one, when there are so many kids out there who don't have families. :(

I think it would be a tough decision for me. But for right now, I just don't want any kids!:D

McAttack
07-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheri Santiago
If I couldn't have children, I'd adopt. However at this point, I am very far away from wanting a kid.

You should be adopting me btw.

Funbrunette
07-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sheri Santiago

You ladies are smart! Children do change your life, but it's a wonderful experience and I love having the fact that my little Ryan needs me so much. I'm also privileged to be the one to prepare him for his life! As for having a second one...Crazier things have happened! ;)

MindyBlingBucks
07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
You ladies are smart! Children do change your life, but it's a wonderful experience and I love having the fact that my little Ryan needs me so much. I'm also privileged to be the one to prepare him for his life! As for having a second one...Crazier things have happened! ;)

Ryan is adorable!! He's lucky to have such a cool mom!:D

Funbrunette
07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by MindyBlingBucks
Ryan is adorable!! He's lucky to have such a cool mom!:D

Funbrunette
07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Ok, one more I promise...I'm such a proud Mom!

Here he is lounging on a friends dog...lol

crazybeautiful
07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
you have a cute kid & a nice Lab FB

i've always thought of adopting a kid whether i can bare a child or not. i have this special attachment with "special children" and if there's a chance for me to adopt one of them i'd glaldy would. everytime i see a special child i love to hug them and play with them. i get teary-eyed everytime. :)

war_ner
07-21-2005, 04:17 AM
having kids is far from my plans yet, but if ever,i'm not really sure yet coz the truth is i'm never really fond of children and having someone not realated by blood then i have to pretend that he/she is is a different situation. i find it unfair for the child to be willingly adopted by me and yet i can't give him my 100% unconditional love. but then again, only time will tell..

Gruntled
07-21-2005, 05:14 AM
I'm with Ronaldo on this one.

FeTiShLaDy
07-21-2005, 08:06 AM
i really enjoy watching your son's face..he's so cute and adorable!

bugsy
07-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Ok, one more I promise...I'm such a proud Mom!

Here he is lounging on a friends dog...lol

its nice to know that you are a proud mom!!! :) the world needs more persons like you!!!

Rochard
07-27-2005, 03:27 AM
No, I would never adopt. Not after seeing my own flesh and blood with my own eyes.

monaro
07-27-2005, 04:28 AM
I would if the situation came about.

Question for trishe if she is reading..
G'day Trish, do you want to have a kid? Broken Hill has been on my mind for awhile after we last spoke.
That company Backloads supplied a quote on how much it would cost to relocate back to NSW the other day..

Panky
07-27-2005, 04:29 AM
I wouldn't think twice about adopting. I was adopted when I was 2 months old. I have first hand knowledge of what these kids feel. I understand them.

bugsy
07-27-2005, 05:05 AM
any child, regardless if its your own or adopted, is a blessing:)

trishie
07-28-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by monaro

Question for trishe if she is reading..
G'day Trish, do you want to have a kid? Broken Hill has been on my mind for awhile after we last spoke.
That company Backloads supplied a quote on how much it would cost to relocate back to NSW the other day..

I have never been against the thought of adopting.

Mark.... having a child and being a mum has always been my dream..

what date did you book backloads for? :)

trishie