PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leaf Retirement Home

McAttack
07-20-2005, 11:38 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130897

Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff O'Neill thinks his time in Carolina is coming to an end. If it does, his preference is to play in Toronto.

According to the Raleigh News Observer, O'Neill - who is a restricted free agent - does not expect the team to tender him a qualifying offer. If the team does not make an offer, O'Neill would become a free-agent.

"If it's somewhere else, then who knows? It might even be a good thing to have a little bit of a change of scenery," O'Neill told the Observer. "It might revitalize my career. ...It might be a shot in the arm. If I'm back there, I'm back there. We'll see. It wouldn't surprise me if I wasn't back, let's put it that way."

------------------------------

So basically, he's saying "I'm not good enough for any serious team to take me, so I'd like to go to the Toronto Retirement home. They like old people"

Sorry Chris, this is what your team is thought of!

war_ner
07-20-2005, 11:13 PM
does the leafs have enough cap space to add him to their team?

Evil Chris
07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm well aware that Toronto is an old team. Take a look at their roster and the dates of birth. Most of them 1960's and 1970's. Nik Antropov is born in 1980, and he's the youngest of any of the starting lineup players.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a big change in Toronto.

McAttack
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I'm well aware that Toronto is an old team. Take a look at their roster and the dates of birth. Most of them 1960's and 1970's. Nik Antropov is born in 1980, and he's the youngest of any of the starting lineup players.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a big change in Toronto.

They all have your hair colour. :O

war_ner
07-21-2005, 11:37 PM
They all have your hair colour. :O lol that will be a big change if ever. ;)