PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers "Frightenstein"?

Evil Chris
07-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Here's the link I was very happy to find...

http://www.frightenstein.com/

"The Hilarious House of Frightenstein" was my absolute favourite show when I was a little kid. From age 5 to 7 I don't think I ever missed an episode on Saturday mornings.

So when I found this site, I was elated. It brought back so many memories, and things I had completely forgotten about. If you watched the show like I did, you'll know what I mean.

Oh and, Oooga Booga! Which means... check out the site! :xthumbs:

war_ner
07-28-2005, 01:28 AM
i remember! i used to watch that as a kid too. argh!;) thanks for the link.

Visualad
07-28-2005, 04:00 AM
never seen that show.. but this thread reminds me of this great movie..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072431/ :-)

Evil Chris
07-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Visualad
never seen that show.. but this thread reminds me of this great movie..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072431/ :-) I actually went to the movies to see that when it came out. I was 8 years old! At that time, my little friends and I went to a lot of matinee movies.

Some others I remember going to see during that time period were, Jaws, Murder on the Orient Express, Airport 75, and The Towering Inferno.

It was 15 cents to take the bus downtown, and 75 cents to get into the movie. ::-|

Funbrunette
07-28-2005, 09:18 AM
We got some old people here.....lol

Visualad
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I actually went to the movies to see that when it came out. I was 8 years old! At that time, my little friends and I went to a lot of matinee movies.

Some others I remember going to see during that time period were, Jaws, Murder on the Orient Express, Airport 75, and The Towering Inferno.

It was 15 cents to take the bus downtown, and 75 cents to get into the movie. ::-|

you gotta admit.. its an olden goldie!!! Gene Wilder.. Mel Brooks... Their stuff rocks, even today! :)

Evil Chris
03-09-2006, 06:23 PM
ok Frightenstein has been on Drive In Classics for a couple of months now and it's great!
Classic TV... Billy Van was a genius, and Vincent Price was an amazing addition to the show.

MorganGrayson
03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
*nostalgia*

I *loved* "disaster movies"!!! :)

Nickatilynx
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Old?

I remember wearing a suit to go see "The EXorcist" so that I'd be allowed in...

My dumb buddies idea...we also got served in the pubs afterwards and then staggered home. We didn't take the short cut as it was through a graveyard.

:)

:(

MorganGrayson
03-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx
Old?

I remember wearing a suit to go see "The EXorcist" so that I'd be allowed in...

My dumb buddies idea...we also got served in the pubs afterwards and then staggered home. We didn't take the short cut as it was through a graveyard.

:)

:(

Ah..."The Exorcist"!! The societal trauma surrounding that movie! I remember my daughter watching it decades later and saying "and the scary parts are where?" I was grateful that I had high credibility when I explained the eruption over that movie, otherwise she would have thought I was making it all up. :)

Nickatilynx
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I re watched it with my elder daughter who loves horror , telling her "this is how we kick horror old school" etc , and It was almost comedic.

How did it create such a furor at the time???

Sin
03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I saw the Exorcist for the first time in Australia back in 2001, they brought the director's cut into theatres, it was ...not really scary, but then again there was quite a few ppl in the theatre who were making fun of the sound effects & other stuff...