PDA

View Full Version : 2257 SlideShow Presentation from Internext Florida

TheLegacy
08-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Those of you who missed the seminar who wanted an overview of the seminar adultlaw.com who was represented on the panel has provided everyone a copy of the PowerPoint presentation.

http://www.adultlaw.com/InterNext2005summer.ppt

There were many rumours cleared up and we have about 2 weeks remaining until the judge comes back with a ruling - so brush up

some additional info from AVN online

http://www.avnonline.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Web_Exclusive_News&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=236344

Content producers, take heart. Some of the confusion surrounding the U.S. Department of Justice’s take on the regulations for enforcing the federal records keeping and labeling act, 18 U.S.C. §2257, has been clarified

TheLegacy
08-12-2005, 09:21 AM
some major highlights from the AVN article are these

- Domestic producers who travel outside the United States to record images of sexually explicit conduct may rely on foreign government issued passports.

- The requirement that a “copy of the depiction” must be maintained does not apply to materials recorded prior to June 23, 2005.

- The requirement that the “date of production, manufacture, publication, duplication, reproduction, or re-issuance” be identified on the label is satisfied by stating the last date of filming, and characterizing that as the date of production.

- Material produced before June 23, 2005, that was compliant with the old regulations may continue to be marketed without fear of prosecution under the new regulations.

- The term “actually sexually explicit conduct” does not include “lascivious exhibition of the genitals” (i.e., mere nudity).

- A website containing no depictions of “actually sexually explicit conduct “ that provides hyperlinks to a third-party website that does contain such material has no record-keeping obligations.

- “Most of the clarifications are certainly positive news for the industry,” says Free Speech Coalition Communications Director Tom Hymes, who characterizes Kaplan as “a very nice guy.” “There’s no question that the DOJ is willing to engage in a dialogue with the industry [about this issue].”

DonMike
08-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I would think people would be more excited about this. I am. LOL! Are we all just worn out from worrying about it? I'd say this is looking good. :)

TheLegacy
08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
exactly don... it was an upbeat seminar and the news is positive. Im surprised as well that no one seems to care