PDA

View Full Version : My Heart Goes out to the Katrina Victims!

vp0.net
09-17-2005, 12:21 AM
New Item (http://one.katrinacharityauction.com/index.php?id=117)

I know its not much but you can use it to host pictures etc... just wanted to donate something i can afford!

monaro
09-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah man, tears came to my eyes when I watched the news and my heart goes out to the hurricane katrina victims.

StaceyJo
09-17-2005, 01:40 AM
@vpo.net - that's a kind of you!

yeah, that event is really horrible! I guess we might get over with it and move on... hope everything is ok now!

war_ner
09-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, I just want to congratulate those who shared their part to help those unfortunate people, and especially to you Vpo.

Rochard
09-19-2005, 12:31 AM
My heart also goes out to the victims.

However.......

They live in a hurricane zone, and most of New Orleans is under the level of sea water. You can't tell me they didn't see this coming.

I used to live outside of San Francisco. I knew all too well that I lived in a earthquake zone. Everyone laughed at me, but I was ready. And when the big one hit I was laughing. Power went out for three days and phone service for a week; There was no stores and it was difficult to get around. I had bottled water ready to go, and enough canned goods and sterno to keep me from going hungry for a week.

And still today I'm ready (I know live in Arizona.). I have eight be crates lined up on the back wall of my garage - cases of water, food, clothing, and everything else we need. If we need to leave Phoenix in a hurry I'll just back up my truck, load up, and I'm gone.

These people themselves should have been much more prepared somewhere alone the lines. We all have industry friends in Florida and other hurricane areas; I wonder if they are ready.

Are you?

monaro
09-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Hi Rockhard,
Hurricane zone or no hurricane zone, nature has a way of bringing people together or tearing lifes apart. I can't even start to imagine the losses of such a terrible disaster.

Like allot of people in or close to potentially danger zones can only be ready or try to be ready, though to what extent does one prepare ones self for something like this?

I agree it is a good thing you have stored in your garage.

Myself, I can only be prepared to act upon if warned in my area and even then it might be too late.

GOD
09-20-2005, 07:44 AM
I personally cannot afford to 'donate' much to any charity ... but I can 'help' to donate by clicking a few ads or buying a couple mp3 songs from itunes. This site is donating 50% off all revenues to the Red Cross.

http://www.huricane-katrina.com

Contrary to popular belief, God is not loaded -- I am a paycheck away from broke just like most.

war_ner
09-22-2005, 03:38 AM
By the way, to those who haven't donated yet, youcan save it to the victims of Katrina's sister.

Anybody got an update about Rita?