PDA

View Full Version : A sad state of affairs

emmanuelle
12-19-2002, 10:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=us&cat=immigration

A very good friend of mine was caught up in this.
Completely horrific!

Mister X
12-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Oh how nice. People come forward to comply with the law and they get thrown in jail. I'm sure race and religion had nothing to do with it... did it?

Darin
12-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mister X
Oh how nice. People come forward to comply with the law and they get thrown in jail. I'm sure race and religion had nothing to do with it... did it?

Well, if you're violating the law, why the fuck would you show up somewhere like that?

Mister X
12-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Darin
Well, if you're violating the law, why the fuck would you show up somewhere like that? Well I'm not 100% sure but it seems like the story was talking about people that have expired visas and shit mainly. Not people that anyone really suspects have done anything wrong. And you will notice that they weren't putting Europeans, Canadians or Mexicans in jail. Besides... I think the ones that DIDN'T come forward to register are about 100 times more likely to be terrorists.

Darin
12-20-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Mister X
Well I'm not 100% sure but it seems like the story was talking about people that have expired visas and shit mainly. Not people that anyone really suspects have done anything wrong. And you will notice that they weren't putting Europeans, Canadians or Mexicans in jail. Besides... I think the ones that DIDN'T come forward to register are about 100 times more likely to be terrorists.

Mexicans are much smarter than to show up somewhere like that! MUAHAHAH!

emmanuelle
12-20-2002, 03:27 AM
Actually my friend is a Canadian, who had the misfortune of being born in one of those countries. He told me how one pregnant woman there, who had recently left her husband in the UK. Her 16 year old son had been kicked out of the father's house and was now with his mother in the US applying for residency. When he came to register, he was deemed illegal and deported! Heart wrenching.

Darin
12-20-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by emmanuelle
Actually my friend is a Canadian, who had the misfortune of being born in one of those countries. He told me how one pregnant woman there, who had recently left her husband in the UK. Her 16 year old son had been kicked out of the father's house and was now with his mother in the US applying for residency. When he came to register, he was deemed illegal and deported! Heart wrenching.

Sorry to hear that..

Now I feel bad.. can I make it up to you emma? ;)