PDA

View Full Version : So, I got this interesting email from a sponsor...

Panky
10-06-2005, 04:19 PM
No big deal considering we all get email from sponsors, but this particular one was creative and actually caught my attention.

It was written in a tone very warm as if you are addressing a friend, but what was clever was that included in the email was a pic of the model the sponsor is talking about, holding a personalized fan sign.

Very catchy. A lot of people fuss over fan signs and use them for their sites and whatever, so regardless of the image being generated by a script, the email works to grab the readers attention and leave it's mark.

Someone had their creative thinking cap on one day. Guaranteed, it may not be new to some of you guys, but it's the first I've seen an email from a sponsor like this. The majority of sponsor emails I receive, are all pretty much the same.

monaro
10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Panky, could you please share which Sponsor it was ;)

Panky
10-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll PM or ICQ the name to you.

The email was blatant spam to join the program, but I don't get all uptight about it. It was just an email that actually caught my attention.

It just seems as though too many emails all have the same look and "feel" to them. My personal opinion is, if companies and/or individuals are going to spam or send legit emails, especially announcing a new program, feature, or model, then put some thought into them on how you are going to grab the readers interest and keep it.

monaro
10-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I know exactly what your saying here Panky.

On a side note, we notice more than a handful of very thought through Sponsor Announcements here on Xnations explaining their new programs and or services. Very eye catching for wms to show interest.