PDA

View Full Version : 2257 records keeping questionss ?

jackville
10-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Hi guys !

I'm about to buy the rights on a couple Europeen bondage movies, then i will sell the rights back for 7 years to a distribution company here in Montreal. They will distribute in Canada for sure, and we'll talk for the US market also !
MY first question is... I just found out about the US Code Title 18, 2257 Record keeping requirements !! and to be honest with you, it scares me !SO i told the guy in Europe and didn't know that law !. maybe because he's pretty new in this business or he never cared because he never distributed a movie in the U.S ...Anyway...i'm in Montreal and we'll sign the contract in a few days. Do you have an idea how to deal with that situation, and is there a proper manner to fill out this form(Record keeping)?
Also, do i have to care about that law is the movie isn't distributed in the U.S ?
AND finally,
I know the law requires to keep the record in the producer's office, but I don't have a business office for now and i don't want to put my personel address on the movies ! My friend in europe offered me to put his business adress. Can i do that ?

Thank you, you guys are really helpful
Denis