PDA

View Full Version : CCBill Vs iBill (Alexa Rankings)

EvilDan
10-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey all... Sorry I haven’t posted for a while, but I just don’t post very often anymore unless I have something important or interesting to say.

You have heard a picture tells a thousand words

How is this for an interesting picture?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=2y&size=medium&compare_sites=ibill.com&y=r&url=www.ccbill.com#top

A few things I see here.....

1) You can see the big shift to CCBill with the death of iBill (3rd qtr 2004)

2) You can see that CCBill was already on a steady decline till iBill died

3) You can also see a gradual decline with CCBill since the aftermath of iBill

4) You can also see that iBill never really recovered (who really cares anyways I hear you saying – :badcomp:

But what I am more interested in is this....

Within this picture, should I interpret this as CCBill currently losing market share, or is the adult market generally slowing down?

And if CCBill is losing market share, to whom is this business moving too?

And if this is the slowing down of the industry, are we seeing the reason as to why people are dropping their advertising dollars at shows etc?

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated, as well as any other Alexa comparisons or industry stats you may have to show us all.

Evil Chris
10-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Well hey Dan, how are you? I hope you're not affected by the weather in Florida right now.

I had a look at the comparative chart. I'm sure you could easily read those observations into it, and it probably has some truth to it as well. But keep in mind that Alexa seems to change the way it ranks and re-ranks pages at their whim. If CCBill is losing some market share, it's probably a drop in the bucket and more or less insignificant.

The industry isn't slowing down, but it certainly is entering a period of transition once again.

EvilDan
10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Gday Chris

I havent had my finger on he pulse with regards to Alexa for a long time, so I thought it wise to ask around for thoughts on this one

And yeah.. dd have to leave my place in Florida.. That hurricane Wilma was a doozie