PDA

View Full Version : The End of the World

DonMike
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I just read an interesting article about the end of the world and the view that many religions have on it. The really sad irony comes from the entry on Buddism.

In Buddhism the "ten moral courses of conduct" will disappear and people will follow ten amoral concepts instead (theft, violence, murder, lying, evil speaking, adultery, abusive and idle talk, covetousness and ill will, wanton greed, and perverted lust). Poverty will then skyrocket.

Hmmm, good example our government is sending us since George Bush has exhibited each and every one of these (well, except adultery - makes ya kind of miss Clinton, huh?).

You can read the whole article here...

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/eschatology

Evil Chris
11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
A look into the future now is almost scary.
Do some searches for "post humanity" and read up a little on the "Singularity" theory.

We're only about 100 years from many of these predictions.

DonMike
11-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
A look into the future now is almost scary.
Do some searches for "post humanity" and read up a little on the "Singularity" theory.

We're only about 100 years from many of these predictions.

POSTHUMAN: Persons of unprecedented physical, intellectual, and psychological capacity, self-programming, self-constituting, potentially immortal, unlimited individuals. See also... Cher

Hmmmm, interesting. :book:

war_ner
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Reading that article really scared me. If we don't stop all the foolishness now there'll be no future for us.

StaceyJo
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
I dont know what to think... remember when we reach 2000? there's so much humors that it was the end of the world and now we are on 2005, I guess end of the world happens when we are not here anymore... hehehe

gnat69
11-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I know our world is going to Hell......and it scars the shit out of me too!!

Just like Don said my biggest fear of recent was GB being elected Pres.