PDA

View Full Version : OMG Joe Strummer is Dead!!!

Magnus3x
12-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Wow, I just read that Joe Strummer of the Clash is dead of a heart attack at 50.
They kind of shaped me into the Punk, reggea, rockabilly & SKA loving guy back in the 80's and still am a huge fan.

Any other shocked Clash fans??

Tafkap
12-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Yep... sad day... seems like there won't ba anymore "London Calling"...

RIP Joe..

:(

JFK
12-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
Wow, I just read that Joe Strummer of the Clash is dead of a heart attack at 50.
They kind of shaped me into the Punk, reggea, rockabilly & SKA loving guy back in the 80's and still am a huge fan.

Any other shocked Clash fans??

Just made me realise my own mortality, there are a lot of people in the 50 range who are going to the other side :(

Evil Chris
12-23-2002, 01:03 PM
That pretty sad...
I've been listening to The Clash since London Calling. I first heard it when I was in high school in 1979. ::-|

Magnus3x
12-23-2002, 02:18 PM
That is my all time fave Album cover ever..pretty much summed up the times.. the era and lead the way to many great bands that were unfluenced by The Clash.

gunner
12-23-2002, 04:59 PM
I was just talking about the Clash this past Sat night. when I went to a b-day party for a friend of mine. His brother got him a DVD box set of "The Young Ones", a British comedy series from the early 80s. The Clash made a guest apperance on the show once, as did Madness, Motorhead, and lots of other punk/ska/hardcore bands from that time.
We couldn't remember what song they did though. Anyone else remember The Young Ones?

ARiA
12-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I read on it this morning, not too much information.
it's a sad day.. i think everybody likes the Clash...

Shann
12-23-2002, 05:56 PM
I just heard too, i'm shocked. :( I loved the Clash, my dad had the record (not to make you feel old Chris b/c you're not, you have a baby on the way for god's sakes! lol) and still does! He had all their albums I think, I'm calling him now to chat anyway, sad sad day. :(

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
12-24-2002, 09:11 AM
A very sad day indeed ... :(

<bgsound src=http://www.paulspics.com/misc/sisosig.wav>