PDA

View Full Version : Blogs finally get business savvy

StaceyJo
11-24-2005, 03:17 AM
NEW YORK (Business 2.0) - It can't be said anymore that blogging isn't a business. The problem now may be that blogging has too many business models to choose from.

Andrew Sullivan kicked things off by announcing he would soon decamp with his proto-blog to Time.com. That was followed in short order by the launch of Open Source Media, then the confusion over whether Gawker Media had finally sold out, in this case to Yahoo!, or had merely licensed some of its best known bloggers in exchange for a healthy dose of traffic.

Selling out to and joining mainstream media. This is what Andrew Sullivan did. Although "selling out" in this instance means handing over the technical headaches of operating his site to Time.com while retaining editorial control and accepting a regular paycheck.

"Andrew Sullivan," the brand is subsumed into Time.com's, bolstering the latter.

"I like to think of it as a moment when the blogosphere and the (mainstream media) made touchdown," Sullivan told PaidContent.

Selling out while staying independent. Calacanis has managed to do this with Weblogs Inc. since selling his company to AOL last month for a reported $25 million.

read article (http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/21/technology/media_biz20_1205/index.htm?cnn=yes)

monaro
11-24-2005, 03:51 AM
G'day,

I heard of his name before but I didn't research behind the person himself before until after I read your post today.

I read that Andrew Sullivan is a journalist and intellectual, right at this present, have moved on to read an article from him about "An Argument About Homosexuality"

Thank you for shining a light on him, very interesting.

StaceyJo
11-24-2005, 04:43 AM
yeah, the blogs are kinda worth in the market now... :)

monaro
11-24-2005, 04:58 AM
May I ask, when did you first read up about who Andrew Sullivan is?

war_ner
11-24-2005, 05:04 AM
Good day and nice post there Stacey. Blogging are indeed a vital a vital aspect of web marketing nowadays.