PDA

View Full Version : Thumb cleaner

Evil Chris
11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyone know of a program that will clean up thumbnails, cropped in Auto Gallery Pro?

Sometimes when I crop a thumb from a gallery, the colour intensity could be improved, or they could be sharpened up a bit.

Anyone know of a solution?

Stephane76
11-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I use xat.com Image Optimizer
No idea about auto gallery Pro cropping tho... good luck

Panky
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Photoshop

Evil Chris
11-27-2005, 05:59 PM
xat.com I don't know about, but I'll take a look.

Photoshop is good, however it's way too manual. AGP let's you crop a thumb from a submitted gallery on the fly. I don't believe there's any way to use Photoshop in that process.

I know there's some kind of plugin for this, but I just can't remember what it is. I'll keep looking.

war_ner
11-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Yes, you can't rely on photoshop on that matter man. Better use xat.com's image optimizer.

Panky
11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
All you do is take your thumbs, do one of them to create an action in Photoshop. The rest of the thumbs will follow that action. It's the same thing as running them through a bulk processor. Photoshop does an excellent job and there is no need to install, set-up, and monkey with additional software.

Depending on the quality you want with your thumbs, the best way to do them is manually no matter what tool you use.

gunner
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Panky
All you do is take your thumbs, do one of them to create an action in Photoshop. The rest of the thumbs will follow that action. It's the same thing as running them through a bulk processor. Photoshop does an excellent job and there is no need to install, set-up, and monkey with additional software.

Depending on the quality you want with your thumbs, the best way to do them is manually no matter what tool you use.

very true.
each thumb will be different, so batching them in PS is the easiest way to get it done, but allows for some tweaking to remove certain steps in the batch if needed.

not all thumbs are created equal.

Mr. Blue
11-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Chris, update your Autogal to 3.5...make sure your server has ImageMagick installed (if not one of the tech goons can do it for you).

I'm pretty sure it's a free upgrade if you have 3.1...but they've improved the thumbnail cropping bit where you can do brightness, contrast, sharpen, etc, and has a few other filters.

I need to do this myself, but I've been lazy and I also dread the thought of screwing up my tpg database, lol. I'm going to do this on my small tgp first as a sample...then do it on the larger once I have a good feel for updating.

StaceyJo
11-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Never know xat.com Image Optimizer, maybe I'll check that out too...