PDA

View Full Version : My Thursday morning rant!

Funbrunette
12-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Ok, so I'm on day 3 of major migraines! I've been to the doctor and have taken Imitrex and NOTHING I mean I get some relief for a few hours and then BAM!!!!!! migraine is back (and it's a migraine because I'm queazy, sensitive to the light and the sound of me typing is bothering me...lol) ::-|

I was lying in bed last night when suddenly I had a revelation :idea: It's my neck and shoulder muscles that are "kinked" and it's what's giving me those horrible migraines (should of been a doctor...lol) Must be stress mixed with sitting at a pc all day and maybe I'm not ergonomically correct. Do you guys get neck/back problems?

Anyway I'm in a shitty mood this AM because I couldn't sleep well with my head pounding and not being able to find a comfortable position while lying down. Not sure what to do this AM (thinking about getting a deep tissue massage to get rid of the knots) maybe get some muscle relaxants? Any suggestions? I'm at my wits ends, I have a shit load of work to do so I need to be able to type faster than 3 words a minutes...lol :confused: (I've been typing this for 2 hours...lol)

Seriously if you got any ideas...Spit it out! I'm on the brinks to INSANITY! :nuts:

Asked Visuald for a massage this AM, but once again he's keeping me hanging!

http://www.girlwithaspirin.com/cartoons/cartoonsccp/migraine.gif

Panky
12-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Use a heating pad to relax the muscle and then schedule a massage.

Stephane76
12-01-2005, 09:31 AM
The chiropractor did wonders for me. I heard massages are great but after a while the pain comes back. Sitting on a bad posture all day long can also hurt you neck and back ( and having a shitty chair too )
Taking 10 minutes break away from looking at monitor, every 3 hours or so has helped me as well.

Hope you feel Better :)

now some links

http://www.montreal.servpro.ca/listcompht/20115/Chiropractor-Services.html

http://www.bcentral.co.uk/technology/hardware/computer-health-safety.mspx

http://www.lasa.org.uk/knowledgebase/pages/mngcomphealthsafety.shtml
;)

Visualad
12-01-2005, 11:39 AM
you need massage babe. and if you still train in the gym.. make sure you STRETCH most parts of your upper body after each session... AND.. take a break every now and then during your working days and stretch, move a little. Take the dog out or whatever.

YouŽll notice a diffirence really fast..

MindyBlingBucks
12-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey FB, if you're going to try muscle relaxers, try herbal stuff first. Dong Quai is an herbal suppliment that you can get at any GNC, CVS, Walgreens, etc. and it relaxes your muscles naturally. It's also really good at helping you go to sleep!! I hope this helps!

TheLegacy
12-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Hello my dear - I am going through the same situation and found the follow to help

1) acupuncture
2) massage (get chris working for gods sake)
3) moist cold towel put over eyes and forehead
4) moist heated towel wrapped around kneck and shoulders (put wetted towel in micro for 3 min on high, take out and wrap) the moist hot air will relief some of the tension

If you can get your butt into a sauna that would be good, but I have also been excersizing which keeps the blood going and works the kinks out of the muscles.

my pain is in my shoulders so tighly that it not only gives me migrains but also my teeth feel like they are swollen and hurt like hell needing a dentist. I know i dont have a cavity instead its the muscles within the teeth that are being affected.

then again, staring at mindy from blingbucks picture always seem to release some of my tension a few times a day :blush:

LaurieX
12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Everytime I feel like that I soak in a hot bath and wash my face with the hot water for some reason putting the hot water on my face really takes my headache away. Ok try it and report back to me LOL.

jade12
12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Yes I agree 100% with what Legacy said ...... accupuncture works wonders for any ailment, I would follow that with a reflexology session tho and then what he said........ ;o)))

Originally posted by TheLegacy
Hello my dear - I am going through the same situation and found the follow to help

1) acupuncture
2) massage (get chris working for gods sake)
3) moist cold towel put over eyes and forehead
4) moist heated towel wrapped around kneck and shoulders (put wetted towel in micro for 3 min on high, take out and wrap) the moist hot air will relief some of the tension

If you can get your butt into a sauna that would be good, but I have also been excersizing which keeps the blood going and works the kinks out of the muscles.

my pain is in my shoulders so tighly that it not only gives me migrains but also my teeth feel like they are swollen and hurt like hell needing a dentist. I know i dont have a cavity instead its the muscles within the teeth that are being affected.

then again, staring at mindy from blingbucks picture always seem to release some of my tension a few times a day :blush:

Funbrunette
12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Well I guess God is on my side...lol We had no power until a few minutes ago (their building new houses in my hood) so I went for a quick massage and it did help a bit, I feel so relaxed :D

Thanks for all your suggestions :p

But now I'm freezing my :bum: off (always complaining...lol)

Trouble Tonya
12-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Well I guess God is on my side...lol We had no power until a few minutes ago (their building new houses in my hood) so I went for a quick massage and it did help a bit, I feel so relaxed :D

Thanks for all your suggestions :p

But now I'm freezing my :bum: off (always complaining...lol)

:: puts hands on freezing butt to warm it :: spank spank is that better baby?

Turf
12-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Well I just want to ask if migrain is hereditary or not..

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 01:09 AM
hope u feel better fb, it sounds painful

StaceyJo
12-02-2005, 03:46 AM
I have back/ neck problems too... and it really hurts... I guess I need a full body massage...

anyway I'll try those Legacy's suggestion... thanks! :)

war_ner
12-02-2005, 04:01 AM
I am not feeling well last night but I already took a medicine for it.

Funbrunette
12-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Turf
Well I just want to ask if migrain is hereditary or not..

Yes I hear it is...But it turns out it was my neck muscles that were giving me a headcahe! ::-| Thankfully I feel better today! :D

Ronaldo
12-02-2005, 10:40 AM
My wife used to get some nasty migraines and the one thing she found worked especially well for some reason, was just stepping away from the computer for 15 minutes, relaxing and getting a facial.

Perhaps because it released some of my sexual tension, thus putting me in a better mood, that her headache would go away.