PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on EPassporte?

steeledge
12-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi guys....My affiliate sponsor has offered me payouts via epassporte instead of the usual checks.

Since I'm in Canada, and checks take longer to get here, it seems to be a great option to try out.

Looks like a version of Paypal from what I've seen thus far.

Any comments from anyone using epassporte would be appreciated, especially from international users.

Thanks!

monaro
12-23-2005, 05:59 PM
G'day steeledge, welcome to Xnations.

Epassporte works very well with sponsors sending you payments.

It is also useful to send money to other epassporte members to purchase items of your needs and wants.

I use mine just about every day.

Merry Christmas

monaro

Itchy
12-23-2005, 06:11 PM
epassporte is great for us canucks you do lose a bit in the exchange but if you use a real bank atm its not to bad !! And the 35 buxs for the card is great cause you can use it like a visa if you want but read up on what to use it for and not theres a few things that will pisss you off but hey Epass loves adult

pf69.com
12-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I only use epassporte!

Evil Chris
12-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Epassporte is fine for users with simple requirements.
ie.. if you're going to have a low balance and you just need to use your card at ATMs, you're ok.

I am starting to see limitations with Epassporte however. Especially with clients/users who are outside the USA. I'm in Canada, so my account is limited in what I can do. For example, I cannot transfer money from my EPP account to anywhere at all. I have a US bank account, but since it is outside the USA, it is useless to EPP. For this reason, I try not to keep any large balance in my account.

What's wrong with a check anyway? I get plenty of those every week. :)

steeledge
12-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys...Much appreciate it.

Chris, I hear you about checks being good enough...I was getting paid twice per month by check, but this month my sponsor hit a snag, and offered to use epassporte to wire the funds to me quickly....I hadn't heard about it...and the website looked interesting, so I figured why not give it a shot.

I agree with what you said about pulling money out...my checks are somewhat significant in size, so I would have to make quite a few trips to the ATM in order to pull out all my cash....presumably I'll likely get shafted on the exchange from USD to CAD.

Anyways, I will see how things go once I get my card in the mail....and how the ATM withdrawals work for me (I think the epassport max is $500 per day, but not sure if individual ATMs spit out that much)

Evil Chris
12-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by steeledge
my checks are somewhat significant in size... Hello there... have you seen my sig? It's below. ;)

plugin
12-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I use E-passporte and e-passporte is ok