PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: The two towers

Funbrunette
12-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Wooohoooo! What a great movie. I'd never seen any of the movies until last week when Chris suggested I watch the first one. Well I got hooked right away. I love those cute little hobbits!

It's amazing! Can't wait to see the third one :D

wsjb78
12-29-2002, 10:48 AM
You've never read the books??? I chose LotR as part of my HighSchool English Literatur exams...

The hobbits are cute... but since I've seen part 1 I'm thinking about getting a watch-Balrog... I guess they are more intimadating than watch-dogs!

:)

cyberpimp
12-29-2002, 10:51 AM
I've read the book 14 times before the movies came out.

I have been waiting for the book to be filmed since I was
13. 20 years now :p

firehorse
12-29-2002, 10:58 AM
The Lord of the Rings was the first movie Kitty and I ever saw together!:D

We loved the houses built into the hills and an overall amazing cinema experience!:D

I can't wait to see The Two Towers!:D

Darin
12-29-2002, 01:41 PM
Cute? EEWWWW! They have hairy feet!! YUCK!

:eek:

Platinum Dave
12-29-2002, 02:21 PM
What a great movie, I wanted to see it for so long. Saw it last week.

3 hours long, but exciting all the way.

I cant wait to see Matrix now, thats my next big awaited movie.

StuartD
12-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Damn good movie in my opinion. I thought the first one made the time go by too fast... this one did it faster!!

I swear, I sat down in my seat, watched 8 commercials, 4 trailers and then the movie started. Then I watched this huge war and then the movie was over.

It seemed like the commercials lasted longer than the movie... but 3.5 hours had gone by!

Any movie that is 3 hours but seems like 40 minutes, is an awesome awesome movie :xthumbs:

sherie
12-29-2002, 11:40 PM
It was great, I saw it on Boxing Day...I love the one guy and for the life of me I cannot remember his name atm...you know the guy that looks out for Frodo(sp)...Liv Tylers guy, I LOVE HIM!!! YUUUUUUUUUUUMY!!!!!

StuartD
12-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sherie
It was great, I saw it on Boxing Day...I love the one guy and for the life of me I cannot remember his name atm...you know the guy that looks out for Frodo(sp)...Liv Tylers guy, I LOVE HIM!!! YUUUUUUUUUUUMY!!!!!

Aragorn? Styder? Ranger? Guy who can fight 9 ring wraiths all by himself??

Is that the guy you mean? :D

Magnus3x
12-30-2002, 02:55 AM
Hell yeah..killer movie..that battle was intense..!!!:viking: :xpopcorn:

wsjb78
12-30-2002, 06:26 AM
After the release of Tomb Raider and a lot of other disappointing adaptions of other sci-fi / fantasy books I did not expect too much from LotR. But then I saw the first trailor and got really excited. I think Peter Jackson did really a great adaption of the books! Thanks mate!!!

Tafkap
12-30-2002, 09:12 AM
For those of u that missed that funny Lords of the (Cock)Ring, check this out :

http://thechosenone.free.fr/hfr/LOTR_Spoof.ShareReactor.wmv

:bonk:

Funbrunette
12-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by sherie

STAY AWAY! Hehehehe! Isn't he just too sweet :blush:

Horg
12-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by wsjb78
After the release of Tomb Raider and a lot of other disappointing adaptions of other sci-fi / fantasy books I did not expect too much from LotR. But then I saw the first trailor and got really excited. I think Peter Jackson did really a great adaption of the books! Thanks mate!!!

Don't mix adaptations from video games and books. Hollywood scripters are either very bad or very lazy, possible both, so a lot of movies are book adaptations. Movies that come from video games are quite bad though (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter II, Tomb Raider (did not see it, but my guess is that it's pretty and that's it)). But since most video games are uninspired pieces of crap, it's normal that the movies made out of them are not better !

Mister X
12-30-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Horg
Don't mix adaptations from video games and books. Hollywood scripters are either very bad or very lazy, possible both, so a lot of movies are book adaptations. Movies that come from video games are quite bad though (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter II, Tomb Raider (did not see it, but my guess is that it's pretty and that's it)). But since most video games are uninspired pieces of crap, it's normal that the movies made out of them are not better ! Tomb Raider sucked the big one. I thought Resident Evil was pretty damn good though. But then I just like Milla Jovovich. :p

ric knows nina
12-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Two Towers was great! It did take a bit too much poetic license from the book in this one, but it was amazing. Got the Two Towers game for ps2 so I can geek out till next Christmas!

Horg
12-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Mister X
Tomb Raider sucked the big one. I thought Resident Evil was pretty damn good though. But then I just like Milla Jovovich. :p

The viduals of Resident Evil were very nice I agree. But I did not like the movie itself. It would have been hard to make the characters more stereotyped than that. The zombies were cool though. I have to rent The Dawn Of The Dead again !

Juge
12-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Yup, the movie was great. highly recommended for anyone to go see it.

Mister X
12-31-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Horg
The viduals of Resident Evil were very nice I agree. But I did not like the movie itself. It would have been hard to make the characters more stereotyped than that. The zombies were cool though. I have to rent The Dawn Of The Dead again ! I have to admit that it was a movie where you have to ignore the fact that the story sucked. But the rest was good enough to rate a thumbs up from me. Now the dawn of the dead... In a class of it's own!

sherie
12-31-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
Aragorn? Styder? Ranger? Guy who can fight 9 ring wraiths all by himself??

Is that the guy you mean? :D Aragon! YUMFUCKMEE!

And FB your taken, you stay away!! LOL:duel:

BobbyR
01-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Best movie of the year...hand down. They have done an incredible job taking the books to the screen.