PDA

View Full Version : The official Maple Leafs excuse thread.

Ronaldo
09-09-2002, 03:17 PM
It's less than a month before you dumbass Maple Leaf fans have to start coming up with your lame excuses as to why the Leafs are faltering yet again.

Here's a few to get you started. Add yours as they come about.

1. They shouldn't have let Cujo go. (Bah, money hungry freak, isn't as good as he thinks. Good riddance.)

2. Gary Roberts is hurt. (Yep, hurt, old and one of the dirtiest bastards in the game. Feggadabawdit)

3. Tie Domi (Insert any large head quip here)

4. Michael Peca's "soon to come" clean hit on Darcy Tucker will be the shot heard "round the world". (T.O. being the center of the universe and all.) It will then be discussed how he was the "heart & soul" of this hapless bunch.

5. After 20 or so games, when PQ goes back to smoking his cigars and stuffing his face....RICK LEY will be behind the bench. Buwahahaha.

HAHA, had a REAL good laugh at this headline. http://www.mapleleafs.com/home.html

Funbrunette
09-09-2002, 04:56 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehehe! Good one! :D

Evil Chris
09-09-2002, 05:12 PM
NO... not a good one!!!

RON!!! What's your beef with the hockey team I grew up with?
Oh hold on... you're a Detroit fan aren't you? :o

Ronaldo
09-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Detroit?? God no. I'm not a bandwagon jumper.

Actually I was born in Toronto, so I grew up a Leafs and Argos fan until I realized that MOST of the people there forget that there is a world outside of T.O. I.E. The Toronto Sports Network.

Did you hear that they pre-empted the Labour day classic for Nascar??

Do you think that they would have done that if it was ANY of the teams from Toronto? I don't.

Then I moved to Winnipeg and started cheering for the Jets. You know the story there. Too hard to keep up with Phoenix.

Still can't find a team, although I've found myself cheering for the Flyers of late because I had lots of them in my last couple of hockey pools.

Oh well. I guess it's GO FLYERS!!!

P.S. I had to make a crack about Domi's head, but I love the guy. Even wearing my ThunderDomi tee as we speak.

spudnik
09-09-2002, 09:56 PM
The Flyers?! Good grief, man, why? I admit that they're much improved since the ousting of Baby Eric, but still...

Well, at least you're not a Rangers fan.

GO BRUINS!

Evil Chris
09-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Well it's good to see a few hockey fans in the room anyway!
I have started a little hockey pool online... if anyone wants some friendly competition, just let me know!

Socks Manly
09-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Why is every leaf season a failure because we don't produce the cup? There's lots of reasons why we haven't won it in a long time, mostly being shitty teams. We had some great players over the years, but when I was growing up we were lacking. I'm happy with our team now, I think belfour will play well

Evil Chris
09-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Belfour HAS to play well.... he has no choice!!
Can you imagine how unpopular he will become if he doesn't produce?
Toronto fans want a cup is a bad bad way....

amanda
09-11-2002, 11:05 AM
GO LEAFS GO

at least we are better then OTTAWA!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Funbrunette
09-11-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by amanda
GO LEAFS GO

at least we are better then OTTAWA!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello Amanda! Welcome to xnations! :evil:

amanda
09-11-2002, 11:20 AM
thanks it good to be here :o)

and by the way I am a jump on the bandwagon fan :D

Evil Chris
09-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Amanda... any fan of the Leafs is a friend of mine!
Welcome to the board!