PDA

View Full Version : who loves taralli like me?

gabrio
01-10-2006, 06:10 AM
first off happy new year at everybody here from X nations! i spent a great time in Budapest with my friends and my girl, even though anything that could happen did actually happen during our trip to Budapest hehe - if you want the details just ask lol

anyway.... during the last weeks i have found myself getting crazy for these snack food we have here in Italy, taralli... and i was telling Peter this morning about that...

do you guys have them over there? ever tried 'em?

MorganGrayson
01-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by gabrio
first off happy new year at everybody here from X nations! i spent a great time in Budapest with my friends and my girl, even though anything that could happen did actually happen during our trip to Budapest hehe - if you want the details just ask lol

anyway.... during the last weeks i have found myself getting crazy for these snack food we have here in Italy, taralli... and i was telling Peter this morning about that...

Interesting looking, but I've never heard of them.

What's in the glass bottle? It sort of...glows...in the picture. ::-|

gabrio
01-10-2006, 10:42 AM
it's olive oil actually... since you can get these taralli in various tastes, onion, pizza, etc etc ;-)

MorganGrayson
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
it's olive oil actually... since you can get these taralli in various tastes, onion, pizza, etc etc ;-)

Nummy!
I figured it was olive oil...but I like the way it seems to glow. "High power" olive oil.

gabrio
01-10-2006, 11:27 AM
hehe i LOVE OLIVE OIL!

TheLegacy
01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
we have something like that in Canada

http://www.canarc.com/images/Tim%20Hortons.jpg

TheLegacy
01-10-2006, 11:50 AM
hehe i LOVE OLIVE OIL!

apparently your not the only one

http://www.economics.pomona.edu/jlikens/popeye.jpg

gabrio
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by TheLegacy

http://www.economics.pomona.edu/jlikens/popeye.jpg hehe

MorganGrayson
01-10-2006, 01:15 PM
hehe i LOVE OLIVE OIL!

Me, too. I also love the health benefits. My husband and I are both diabetics and have that "high cholesterol" thing going on, too. Olive Oil is good for getting that "good cholesterol" without getting the bad.

There's a place up in Temecula, California, we've gone to a couple of times. It's a little "olive oil" store. We bought some outstanding olive oil and got my daughter a mortar and pestle made out of the wood. It's gorgeous. It's one of those little shops that makes my credit cards tingle the minute I walk in!

Evil Chris
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
gabrio I hadn't heard of that snack either, but I bet it's something that would go well with a football or hockey game. :)

gabrio
01-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
gabrio I hadn't heard of that snack either, but I bet it's something that would go well with a football or hockey game. :) hehe they go well with just anything hehe

gabrio
01-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Me, too. I also love the health benefits. My husband and I are both diabetics and have that "high cholesterol" thing going on, too. Olive Oil is good for getting that "good cholesterol" without getting the bad.

There's a place up in Temecula, California, we've gone to a couple of times. It's a little "olive oil" store. We bought some outstanding olive oil and got my daughter a mortar and pestle made out of the wood. It's gorgeous. It's one of those little shops that makes my credit cards tingle the minute I walk in! an olive oil store... sounds cool to me

war_ner
01-11-2006, 04:08 AM
Been on some Italian restaurant several times but haven't tried that oen yet.. :)

gabrio
01-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by war_ner
Been on some Italian restaurant several times but haven't tried that oen yet.. :) i dont think you're gonna find them @ the restaurant, better checking your local supermarket or food store ;-)

Funbrunette
01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
we have something like that in Canada

http://www.canarc.com/images/Tim%20Hortons.jpg

ROFL!!!!!! I'm thinking this stuff is better than Timmys! :bonk:

gabrio
01-11-2006, 11:10 AM
hmmm i guess this thread raised some curiosity..... who wants some taralli? i could arrange some fedex for you guys lol

wildgirl
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM

http://www.economics.pomona.edu/jlikens/popeye.jpg

hehe..cute pic :)

Funbrunette
01-13-2006, 08:25 AM
hmmm i guess this thread raised some curiosity..... who wants some taralli? i could arrange some fedex for you guys lol

Why don't I just hop on the next plane to Italy! :D Always wanted to experience the Italian culture! And maybe you can make me some of your home made gnocchi :p

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 09:32 AM

mmmm Taralli con pepperoncino! Divino ;) Buona scelta!

Evil Chris
01-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Trixxxia
mmmm Taralli con pepperoncino! Divino ;) Buona scelta! *that's* your first post???? :p

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
*that's* your first post???? :p

I'm impressive aren't I?? hahahah

I like to slip right in unnoticed!! BAHAHAH - not a very good idea when I'm writing in another language, I think I'll get noticed faster :)

So is that your welcome? hahahah

Evil Chris
01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Trixxxia
I'm impressive aren't I?? hahahah

I like to slip right in unnoticed!! BAHAHAH - not a very good idea when I'm writing in another language, I think I'll get noticed faster :)

So is that your welcome? hahahah hahaha.... yes that's my welcome. ;)

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I feel so abused! :(

gabrio
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
what what did anybody speak italian? hehe

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
what what did anybody speak italian? hehe
Penso proprio di si!

gabrio
01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
ma sei italiana patrizia? di dove?

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 01:23 PM
ma sei italiana patrizia? di dove?

Canadese, figlia d'italiani - mio marito e Milanese di Monza, te?

gabrio
01-13-2006, 01:25 PM
perņ... io sono di Trieste

Trixxxia
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
perņ... io sono di Trieste

E raro trovare gente che lavorano in adulto (che vivono in Italia) nei forum inglese. Abbiamo cercato, pero di solito le troviamo nei 'fans forum'

Comunque, piacere della conoscenza, Gabrio ;)
Meglio che la smetto prima che FB mi ammazza :bonk: