PDA

View Full Version : Fear Dot Com

Funbrunette
09-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Well, Chris & I just came back from seeing Fear dot com...

I'm a little bit disapointed...This movie had great potential, but the acting was mediocre!

It's a very disturbing movie about reality sites...All I can hope is that the wrong person doesn't see this movie and get an idea to start his own site.

Anyway, I'd give it a 4.5 on 10!

I'm still tempted to tell people to see it though....I got spooked a few times and it's VERY graphic!

If you've seen it tell us what you thought! :rolleyes:

Evil Chris
09-09-2002, 10:26 PM
I gotta agree with Funbrunette... Was frightening at times, but overall not the best acted movie I've recently seen.
Maybe worth it though for the hardcore thriller / horror fans out there!

luke
09-09-2002, 10:39 PM
Did you have to cover your eyes Chris? :D

I saw the previews for it, had mixed feelings. I'll probobly wait to rent it.

Evil Chris
09-09-2002, 10:43 PM
You a big fan of horror movies?
I am, but I find that most of them either aren't very good, or they are way too predictable.

Fear dot com had the same feeling as Jacob's Ladder for me, but it lacked a lot of depth. Plus, about 99% of it was shot in the dark!

luke
09-09-2002, 10:45 PM
It depends. I liked Jacobs Ladder fur sure. That guy with the crazy fast moving head always freaks me out.

Evil Chris
09-09-2002, 10:49 PM
yeah in the mental hospital.... I've had nightmares about that scene..
That and the insanity scenes in the jungle....
Great movie...

luke
09-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to rent that one again soon. Its been a while since I've seen it.

Funbrunette
09-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by luke
Did you have to cover your eyes Chris? :D

I saw the previews for it, had mixed feelings. I'll probobly wait to rent it.

Yes he did! He was hiding behind me...lol :p

Mister X
09-10-2002, 01:43 AM
I've got it on a couple cds but I haven't watched it yet. Just watched the first 5 minutes or so and it didn't grab me.

Shann
09-10-2002, 12:29 PM
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. :) I don't like going to movie theatres. Sitting in those seats creeps me out! rofl

Evil Chris
09-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Shann
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. :) I don't like going to movie theatres. Sitting in those seats creeps me out! rofl

That could be perfect for a horror flick Shann...

luke
09-10-2002, 04:04 PM
I remember a long time ago I was at some crappy little theatre ( I think I was still in grammer school) and a roach crawled on my. Ever since then, I'm always paranoid about it. I have a big phobia of roaches. I will only go to big clean theatres now.

Tafkap
09-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Anybody saw "Cube"? what a great movie : lots of fear, anxiety... loved it!

Evil Chris
09-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by luke
I remember a long time ago I was at some crappy little theatre ( I think I was still in grammer school) and a roach crawled on my. Ever since then, I'm always paranoid about it. I have a big phobia of roaches. I will only go to big clean theatres now.

ok Luke, now I'm curious... crawled on your? What? LOL

luke
09-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Ok, if you must know...its crawled on my SHOULDER!!! AHHHH

did realized I messed that post up...hehe

Evil Chris
09-10-2002, 04:20 PM
you let our imaginations run wild there for a moment... hehehe

luke
09-10-2002, 04:24 PM
hehe, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...lol

Funbrunette
09-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tafkap

Never heard of it? Is it fairly new?

luke
09-11-2002, 11:46 AM
I've never heard of it either. Looks cool though, might have to rent that one too.

http://www.cubethemovie.com/

Tafkap
09-16-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette

Never heard of it? Is it fairly new?

Nope, went out 4-5 years ago Hun...

twinkley
09-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Hi Guys,

I will wait for DVD as with 99% of movies ....

I can't stand go to the theater to see a movie. Too many obnoxious people there making noise, wanting me to move so they can go to the bathroom, sticky floors (ew!), and so on and so on....

The only time I go to see a movie in the theater anymore is if the special effects promise to be so good they require a big screen. Even then, I will typically wait 2-3 weeks for everyone else to go see it, and then see it when there are only maybe 15 other people in the theater with me.

Otherwise it can wait for DVD.

twinkley

Horg
09-16-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tafkap

Yeah I rented the DVD some months ago. It's a pretty good movie. The idea of the movie is quite interesting. It's surprisingly well done for an independant Canadian movie. The special effects (especially the first few minutes) are very nice ! The characters are a bit stereotyped though, and the acting is "ok". But overall I think that real science-fiction fans (ie not only liking science fiction for the special effects) will like it without a doubt !