PDA

View Full Version : XNations' Pets

MorganGrayson
01-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I could be working now...but...I'm really not. So...I decided to see if anybody else here has pets. This is my little dog, Dingo. She's half Chihuahua and half Dachshund. She's been an incredible addition to my life. She loves cats, which is great because we have four of them.

http://www.morganstgp.com/dingo.jpg

http://www.morganstgp.com/dingo1.jpg

Visualad
01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
oh my.. its a PET thread.. We´ve seen them many times before.. Yet we cant stop posting in them.. Gotta grab some photos!! BRB.

Evil Chris
01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Very cute Morgan! Funbrunette should be along to post a picture of her little chihuahua "Tiki" soon.

In the meantime, here's my dog Buddy. :D
http://www.evil-chris.com/temp/buddyboy2.jpg

Evil Chris
01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Visualad
oh my.. its a PET thread.. We´ve seen them many times before.. Yet we cant stop posting in them.. Gotta grab some photos!! BRB. I know... we love our pets don't we? :p

MorganGrayson
01-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Oooh! Chris! Buddy is such a cutie!! I love dogs that sit properly for their photos. I've yet to convince Dingo that the "preflash" from my lousy digital is *not* her cue to disappear! I have lots and lots of photos of "the space where the dog used to be."

Gotta get a new camera one of these...years....

Visualad
01-11-2006, 12:56 PM
heres the cat..

Evil Chris
01-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Visualad I can't remember ever seeing a picture of your cat.
He's cute and I like cats, but I just don't want to own any.

Visualad
01-11-2006, 01:04 PM
one more.. this is his favourite hobby.

Evil Chris
01-11-2006, 01:06 PM
hehehe.... he does look like a Tiger with those stripes. :)

LaurieX
01-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Dingo has a nice sweater collection! Here is my chihuahua KiKi.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/LaurieX/DSCN4094.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/LaurieX/DSCN4093.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/LaurieX/KiKi1.jpg

TheLegacy
01-11-2006, 01:22 PM
This is Jasper our Moluccan Cockatoo - we also have two kitties, brothers that have 6 toes on the front and 7 on the back.

http://www.satinlily.com/pictures/house/IMG_1102.jpg

MorganGrayson
01-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, wow! :D

What a gorgeous cat, Visualad! :xthumbs:

LaurieX...I love your dog! I see Kiki likes to play the same "bat with the paws" game that Dingo does! My husband bought a pair of gardening gloves so that "El Fierco" could really go nuts with biting and batting and growling like the Rottweiller-wannabe she is! :)

TheLegacy...what a beautiful bird! (And lady!) I met a Cockatoo in the drugstore. It was my "first Cockatoo," and I didn't know what to do when the bird arched at me. The owner smiled and said "she's inviting you to pet her." "Oh!" I said. I ran my hand along the bird's head and it was wonderful. I had no idea they were so interactive. :)

Visualad
01-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Visualad I can't remember ever seeing a picture of your cat.
He's cute and I like cats, but I just don't want to own any.

its like the PC Vs. Mac.. Either you are a cat lover or a dog lover.. and in some cases BOTH. I like both cats and dogs..

But I´ve managed to "convert" a few non believers over the years.. Cats or dogs doesnt matter.. Once they take them home, and spends 2 weeks with them.. They are HOOKED! ;)

MorganGrayson
01-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Visualad
its like the PC Vs. Mac.. Either you are a cat lover or a dog lover.. and in some cases BOTH. I like both cats and dogs..

But I´ve managed to "convert" a few non believers over the years.. Cats or dogs doesnt matter.. Once they take them home, and spends 2 weeks with them.. They are HOOKED! ;)

That is so true. :)

My husband did the "OK, the dog will be good for you" thing originally. Then, rapidly, Dingo was logging a *lot* of time in "Daddy's" lap. (Which totally pissed off "Daddy's cat." My husband is a cat person.) Then Daddy had to find the exactly right toy to play tug of war. Then Daddy bought the gloves to wrestle with the dog....

Totally hooked. :)

MorganGrayson
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
This is "Daddy's Cat," His Royal Fluffiness, Del. He's a rescue pet, abandoned by - I'm SO not making this up - a meth dealing biker gang when they went to prison. I waited until they were gone to swipe the cat. Sensible of me, I think.

http://www.morganstgp.com/del-king.jpg

Funbrunette
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Chris!!!!!! :mad: You forgot Tiki!

I dont have any good pictures of him but this gives you an idea (he's a chihuahua and a heavy 2 pounds) :D

GOD
01-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I like cats, but I just don't want to own any.

SHIT! And I was about to give you one free to a good home ... LOL

Problem is she would definately kick Buddy and Tiki's asses
(I'm sure a hamster could kick Tiki's ass though ... ) :p

war_ner
01-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Cute looking pets there. Does that Cockatoo speaks?

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I've been wandering around muttering "Kiki and Tiki and Dingo...oh, my!" and my husband really wishes I'd stop. :)

MindyBlingBucks
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I have a chinchilla named Turbo, he's awesome!

http://myspace-846.vo.llnwd.net/00111/64/89/111519846_l.jpg

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh, Mindy, he's gorgeous! I wanted a chinchilla so badly, but when I saw them in the store the pet shop owner advised against buying one since I had small children, who tend to whiz around, make noise, and do things that upset the Wa of chinchillas. I did get to see one take a bath in the box of powder, though. It was fantastic!

MindyBlingBucks
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Oh, Mindy, he's gorgeous! I wanted a chinchilla so badly, but when I saw them in the store the pet shop owner advised against buying one since I had small children, who tend to whiz around, make noise, and do things that upset the Wa of chinchillas. I did get to see one take a bath in the box of powder, though. It was fantastic!

Getting a chinchilla when you have kids at home can work in some cases. It depends on how old and mature the kids are. Also, you're better off buying a chinchilla from a reputable breeder, or from a chinchilla lover who's pets have had babies. Pet store chinchillas tend to be traumatized and not used to being held. When they're hand raised by breeders or people, they learn to be nice to people, and show affection.
I got Turbo from a lady in Connecticut who had 6 pet chinchillas, two of which were mates for life and had a small litter. Turbo was hand raised, and when I picked him up he sat in my hands and looked at me and was very comfortable. Now that he's almost 2 years old, he loves to show us his affection when we let him run around the room, he'll run up to us and climb up on my shoulder or on my head.
If your kids are responsible enough to not terrorize a kitten, then you'd probably be alright with a chinchilla. They also live for 15-20 years!!

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Mindy...when I lose it totally and buy a chinchilla, I promise not to give my husband your name! :D It was the life span that totally hooked me. I vividly remember the very first "rodent" pet. My very small children fell in love with hamsters. I stood behind them, my heart in my shoes, the only thought in my head "well, I'd better get the 'death' speech ready." They got the hamsters...and I developed one helluva "death speech." Rodents are alarmingly short lived. :( We've had them all: hamseters, mice, guinea pigs and my personal favorites, the rats. Those made great pets. Oh, yes...and the rabbits, of course. (My only rule was "no live food!" so that pretty much left the field wide open. My husband's rule was "NO WAY ARE YOU GETTING A TARANTULA!" delivered at high volume.) We were such a pet oriented household that my husband worried we were running out of cemetary space. (The dogs and cats were cremated, the ashes kept in matching cedar boxes with brass locks.)

Part of the "you gave them a great life; they could have been purchased by someone who abused them, but..." speech was "they're now up in heaven with Grandma." That comforted the children and amused the hell out of me. I think my mother could probably handle the cats and the dogs...but she's going to be pissed for all eternity about the rodents and the chickens. I also told my children that escapee balloons went up to Grandma in heaven.

My mother *hated* balloons. If there is such a place as heaven, somewhere there is one outraged short woman with a tree full of balloons and a wierd farm.

I'm *really* going to hear it over the hermit crab.

MindyBlingBucks
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Hahahaha I had a rat, and a hermit crab!! But I love my chin, he's the best.

I would also like a cat, and an english bulldog though!!

LaurieX
01-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I've been wandering around muttering "Kiki and Tiki and Dingo...oh, my!" and my husband really wishes I'd stop. :)

Hahaha! Would be cool if we could get those 3 together to play. But I guess since we all live in different cities that won't happen. MorganGrayson where are you in California?

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LaurieX
Hahaha! Would be cool if we could get those 3 together to play. But I guess since we all live in different time zones that won't happen.

I was thinking of that last night as I was muttering myself to sleep! :D

One thing life has taught me, though: never say never! :flower:

I bought a book on Chihuahuas when I got Dingo, and it said that some of the most faithful "best buddies" in the world are two or more Chihuahuas.

Dingo tries so hard to romp with the cats. Our "little guy" Samba, who's actually bigger than Dingo, like all the cats, will romp. Samba's sister Reno will play until Dingo gets too enthusiastic. Mattie the Mom gives "head butt lovies," but prefers not to romp. Del...well, we can't quite figure it out. He's either playing or he's picking on Dingo. Or both at different times.

I mentioned getting another Chihuahua for Dingo to play with and my husband just gave me a look. Of course, this is the man who's working from home today...with Dingo in his lap. :)

axedbydax
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
hmmm...CB might be interested in posting her cute hush puppy...

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
LaurieX...my apologies. I neglected to answer your question. I'm in San Diego County...land of relentless sunshine....except for this weekend, when that thing known as "rain" is predicted. (We don't get a lot of that where I am, so it's always a big deal.)

My arthritic joints are screaming like banshees on crack, so it probably will rain. :)

Funbrunette
01-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Blah blah blah Chris, keep pretending Tiki is MY dog...I'll be posting a picture of the two of you cuddling!

Morgan, where do you get Dingo's sweaters?

I agree we should get kiki, Tiki and Dingo together that would be hialrious! I'd love to get another Chihuahua, but something tells me Chris would kick us out of the house...lol :p

LaurieX
01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
LaurieX...my apologies. I neglected to answer your question. I'm in San Diego County...land of relentless sunshine....except for this weekend, when that thing known as "rain" is predicted. (We don't get a lot of that where I am, so it's always a big deal.)

My arthritic joints are screaming like banshees on crack, so it probably will rain. :)

I am in San Diego as well. Pacific Beach to be exact. Where are you in SD? KiKi has the same argile sweater as Dingo only hers is pink. Hey FB do they have Petsmart in Canada? That is where I get Kiki's sweaters. I can always send you one.

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LaurieX
I am in San Diego as well. Pacific Beach to be exact. Where are you in SD? KiKi has the same argile sweater as Dingo only hers is pink. Hey FB do they have Petsmart in Canada? That is where I get Kiki's sweaters. I can always send you one.

Wow! What a co-inky-dink! :D
I'm in Lakeside. (East San Diego County, by El Cajon. I'm used to people going "huh?" whenever I say "Lakeside.") :)

FB...I get her sweaters - of which she has quite the wardrobe! - from PetCo. They have a store online, too. Dingo *loves* going to the store here, though. She gets to come inside, meet and greet all variety of animals and people...and get goodies from the "doggy goodie bar." :)

Funbrunette
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm just curious do your little critters like wearing clothes? Because my little guy gets pretty pissed at me...I can see he's cold (he sleeps on the heat vent) and it's not like I make him wear stuff with glitters or anything...lol any tips? :walkdog:

MorganGrayson
01-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I'm just curious do your little critters like wearing clothes? Because my little guy gets pretty pissed at me...I can see he's cold (he sleeps on the heat vent) and it's not like I make him wear stuff with glitters or anything...lol any tips? :walkdog:

Dingo just loves wearing sweaters. She gets all excited and arches her head foward to get it ready to go through the neck. I have absolutely NO idea why. It might be because she's a "rescue animal." (A lot of the time, rescue animals are so very grateful for having an actual family they'll put up with nearly anything.) She was absued and neglected until my children did a "black ops" and swiped her and a cat from the owner. (They have the cat, a huge gorgeous animal...now.) Dingo put on weight immediately, something that actually having food is pretty much guaranteed to do. She's a total lap dog. Craves attention. She's fiercely - and I do mean *fiercely* - protective of us. She bit my hunky UPS guy's shoe, in fact.

She also wears sweaters that are loose enough for her to get out of if she wants to. Like most Chihuahuas, she sleeps under the covers and always takes her sweater off while she's under there. We have to play "find the sweater" in the morning. :)

I admit, I'm a total sap when it comes to my pets. One of my daughter's said "when the dog's wardrobe is larger than yours...you might have a problem, Mom." Nahhhh. :D

Panky
01-12-2006, 08:52 PM
This is my furry baby, Angelie. My BF refers to her as "S.O.S." (Spawn of Satan), which I have to admit at times, the name suits her quite well. :D Regardless, she's still my furry baby. LOL!

gnat69
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
You all have beautiful pets...

Chris Buddy is just gorgeous, holy :) and Tiki is adorable...

Here is Specials and Pantera:

http://www.netpond.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9964

Quagmire
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
http://www.sex303.com/forumpics/The-Donkey.jpg
This is Diana, she is a mini donkey. She wanders around our lawn in the fall and cleans up the apples for us.
http://www.sex303.com/forumpics/bobo.jpg
This is Brandee, though we call her Bobo because she's a big dopey retard.

I have a bunch of horses, 3 cats and another dog named Sally, but I'm too lazy to round up more pics right now. :)

Nickatilynx
01-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I have never in my life seen such an assortment of strategically shaved rodents in my entire life...

;-)))

MorganGrayson
01-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx
I have never in my life seen such an assortment of strategically shaved rodents in my entire life...

;-)))

AHA! Yankin' on me wittle dog, are ye? :happy:

Now, this man may prefer his canines of the larger variety, but I assure all and one that when it comes to their care and pampering, he's just as big a sap as the rest of us! :D

Post some pics, Nicks! :D

crazybeautiful
01-13-2006, 03:08 PM
i will come back & post some new pictures of my dogs!!! they are so beautiful!

StaceyJo
01-13-2006, 10:34 PM
sad to say... I havent got my new dog yet, oh Im so excited to see him now... cute pets guys...

wildgirl
01-16-2006, 11:33 AM
ohhh those are very cute pets :)

crazybeautiful
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
here's a pic of my Basset Hound, her name is Martha, and i think she's pregnant.
she just loves to lay down on that sack i dont know why :bonk:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6844/martha640x4805wv.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3738/martha640x4800kj.jpg

buechee
01-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Daisy and Deisel. They're my pitbulls. Very playfull and full of energy.

MorganGrayson
01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
buechee...my youngest has a 30+ pound cat named "Diesel." He was named when he was a palm sized kitten with a purr that rattled the windows. He sounded like my car, so we named him "Diesel." We had *no* idea he'd grow up to be the size of a truck. :)