PDA

View Full Version : If Time Could Stand Still

Rochard
01-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I swear..... I think I've said this before on X Nations.....

If time could stand still RIGHT NOW I'd be happy for the rest of my life. I have everything a 37 year old man could ask for. I have my sports car, my sports bike, a nice and comfy five bedroom house, a garage that looks like a musuem (pix to follow!), a beautiful wife who puts out nightly, and a beautiful five year old daughter with big brown eyes who is a perfect angel.

And every day seems better than day before it.

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Thank you for sharing that, Rochard. :) It was beautiful to read. It gave me hope that I'll get through this period of my life and on to the better things to come.

I have the perfect husband. He spent the morning furiously cleaning my living room so that I'd be able to properly receive my expected guests in this madhouse of moving boxes. I was so grateful, so happy, that he did that. (I couldn't whip up that much activity at 5 AM *before* I got sick.) Regrettably, my email brought me the news that my friends had to cancel, but...hell, a lot of people don't have friends willing to drive the 90 minutes from a whole other country to visit in the first place.

Our "dream house" is waiting, once we get through the snags. And we will get through the snags. My husband said so. :)

I have so much for which I am thankful. I needed to have my butt kicked a bit to remember that, and your post did it, Rochard. I can now add you to the list of things for which I am grateful. :)

TheLegacy
01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Good to see threads like this - I would say that I have a perfect wife of my dreams - a job that I am honored to be apart of as they allow me the space to be me and I can grow with it... probably could retire with them. Only thing I would change is housing. We are hoping to move into our farm next year or so and have kids. I would say standing in my house holding my newborn with my wife happy trimming the christmas tree with the fireplace on and TV specials playing will be the perfect moment to freeze.

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
*wistful*
A farm. That would indeed be a wonderful dream.

If my life were frozen at the perfect moment, a photograph of that moment would show my husband and I sitting at a table drinking coffee.

A life is made up of a long succession of small things. It's the small things that matter in life, not the supposed "big ones."

Rochard
01-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TheLegacy
Good to see threads like this - I would say that I have a perfect wife of my dreams - a job that I am honored to be apart of as they allow me the space to be me and I can grow with it... probably could retire with them. Only thing I would change is housing. We are hoping to move into our farm next year or so and have kids. I would say standing in my house holding my newborn with my wife happy trimming the christmas tree with the fireplace on and TV specials playing will be the perfect moment to freeze.

Yeppers, you have the perfect wife.

Want to share?

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rochard
Yeppers, you have the perfect wife.

Want to share?

Harumph.

You didn't ask to share my perfect husband. Color me offended.

(:D )

TheLegacy
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
*wistful*

A life is made up of a long succession of small things. It's the small things that matter in life, not the supposed "big ones."

tell that to my wife who keeps getting me penis growth pills :bonk:

war_ner
01-20-2006, 04:36 AM
MOre luck and blessings to you and your family man. :)

Rochard
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM

My wife tells me I don't need penis growth pills.

So have many other people too, now that I think about it.

MorganGrayson
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Does anyone besides me see the "and if you take them, your penis will grow to be a small thing" line that is just screaming to be let out? :p

StaceyJo
01-23-2006, 04:00 AM
good for you... I wish someday I could happy as you... hehehe

MorganGrayson
01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by stacey_JRN
good for you... I wish someday I could happy as you... hehehe

I'm feeling a tad philosophical today, stacey, so I'm going to field this one. :)

Experts say "happiness is a choice." They're right. It really doesn't matter what your life is like, you can be happy within it if you choose to be. If you say "I'll be happy when I get a better job/car/house/spouse/whatever" you're dooming yourself. Not because those things won't happen, they most likely will, but because you may discover that getting them doesn't make you happy. Happiness is an internal mechanism that helps people get through the day. It's based on an appreciation of the simple things and just giving yourself permission to be happy. All the people running around selling books telling you to "pamper yourself," "take care of yourself" and the like make money for a reason. The second reason is that their advice is sound, which makes sense because it's all the samed damned advice in all those books. The first reason is that the world is made up of a lot of unhappy people. If having things and people in one's life guaranteed happiness, everybody at the mall would be wearing party hats and clown shoes...but they're not.

Fatal Attraction
01-23-2006, 02:20 PM
It's always great to see posts like this :)

DonMike
01-23-2006, 02:45 PM
This is realy nice. It's good to hear that people are happy in their surroundings. I have to add that I'm happier now then I've ever been, and I've said that in the past, so I must be doing something right if I just get more and more content with my life. I'm working at a great job with the best bosses a guy could ask for, I'm making enough money to eat well and buy fun things and take trips, I've recently come out to my parents, which was an issue with me for many years, and I have the best friends I've ever had in my life. Everything else is just icing on the cake and if you have or have not the icing, it really doesn't matter. So yeah, I'm happier now then I've ever been.

Thanks Rochard for that little moment of reflection. :)

wildgirl
01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Great to hear that, I am very happy to know how happy your life is. Wish you and your family more success and blessings in life :)