PDA

View Full Version : For freesite webmasters re: content usage

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I have a question.

I just purchased a set of over 300 pics, something I usually do not do. I usually buy small sets, just big enough for the site that I'm making.

However, as I looked at this set, I realized it could be divided into a lot of different niches, allowing me to make a variety of sites from the same set. Each site would use a *different* collection of pictures, but it would be the same model. Same outfit for the most part, same plain backdrop.

My question is regarding submitting to linksites. Most linksites to which I submit only accept one site per day. Each of the sites I will build will be of a different niche, but it would be the same model. I don't think submitting for several days in a row with sites from the same model, even if they are different niches, would be a good idea. Would these sites be rejected if submitted thusly?

Or am I over-thinking this entire process?

Any opinions?

Mr. Blue
01-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I've bought some bulk content, great price, etc, but they'll of course maybe have 8 sets of the same model. The way I work it is staggering the submissions whether its for tgp or freesites.

For tgps I'll wait around 2 weeks before using the model again. (Sometimes less if the sets are very different)

For freesites I wait a pinch longer as they don't get as many daily submits.

I'm not a huge fan of having to pay for sets that have 80 pictures + for one set. It's not always easy to find smaller sets 20/30 pics that aren't oversaturated.

I do find it takes me awhile as a reviewer to remember a set / model unless she's very unique looking. I mean I want to review as many galleries per hour...no time for looking, studying, and admiring the content :(

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 03:37 PM
One of the things I've always hated about big sets is that they usually contain over 20 pics of the model standing there fully clothed. Totally useless pics.

Thanks for the advice, Mr. Blue. I'll definitely wait for a while before submitting another site made from this set of pics. Frankly, the model is not all that memorable, but the set can be broken up by what she's doing.

And...the set was pretty damned cheap, or we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. ;)

Mr. Blue
01-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Fully clothed or there's such a minuscule difference in the photos / poses that you wonder why they bothered to include it at all. I mean, a strand of hair moved slightly differently one way or another, big whoop, lol...I don't want it.

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, how I hear you! That's why I've always bought the 20-40 pic sets. I can make a site and move on.

The only reason I got this one was that the "little differences" can be split into different niches.

Mr. Blue
01-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Do you have any favorite c0ntent Pr0viders? don't mind the 0's I want to see if it prevents boardtracking from going off and this thread getting spammed, lol

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I like cheap content. When I was young and foolish, I bought CDs and never used most of the pics on them. Now, I only buy pic sets.

I've bought a lot of stuff from NottinOnYou (http://www.content-4-sale.com/). They have a variety of different niches.

This latest two sets, including the big one, I got from PixMasters (http://www.pixmasters.com/). They've been around forever. I think I remembered when they opened and were very small. Now, they're a whole lot bigger.

I look wistfully at the really high quality content, but at this point, don't feel like investing that much.

Mr. Blue
01-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Ah good, I use cheapo content as well...it actually converts better for me. There's one fairly average looking redhead that looks like a PTA mom and she converts like crazy for me and the pic quality at best could be described as poor, lol.

I've used Pixmasters, right now I use them as filler third gallery type stuff and it converts better than the high end stuff, grrr, lol. I'll give the other place a try though...looks like they have some cheap redheads I could use, lol.

Panky
01-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
One of the things I've always hated about big sets is that they usually contain over 20 pics of the model standing there fully clothed.

That's a niche all in itself. Those pics can be used. Guaranteed, you want a little variety,but they are still usable.

MorganGrayson
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Panky
That's a niche all in itself. Those pics can be used. Guaranteed, you want a little variety,but they are still usable.

Note to self: get out and about on the 'net more.

Thanks, Panky! I'll look into that. I may have found not only a new niche I might be able to convert...but one I can stand to look at!! (It's been since 1997...and I'm so sick of nekkid people that I could scream!)
:)