PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for me!

xxxmalouxxx
01-20-2006, 07:07 AM
So, I am at home watching TV when the mailman arrived and gave me this claim stub... He said I should check it out soon cuz tomorrow is Saturday (here, local time). Also, he warned me that possibly the package got caught by a fire which happened yesterday. Damn, I quickly prepared myself so by then I can have the chance to check it in the post office on my way to work. Unfortunately, the appliance store was burned down and next to it is the post office. I approached a table where staffs are there.. getting inquiries and all that. They informed me that my SP (small package got burned down) I felt really bad to know this.. But then I asked them if there is a possibility for me to get the name of the sender and what type of package was it... if it's small envelope or anything.. I went straight to the officer in charge and she said that there is no way they can verify that.

That sucks!.. Is there some way to get them liable for the loss? I mean, there should be. I am thinking , what if it really didn't get caught in the fire and those silly suckers thought it was a good opportunity to keep all these valuables for their own personal interest? LOL.. I am thinking alot.. because it really sucks for me.. oh well.. by the looks of the office this morning.. I guess there's no way the packages are saved...

I really feel bad...:(

Evil Chris
01-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Look at it this way, it wasn't you house that caught fire!
Consider yourself fortunate instead!

MorganGrayson
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
As I do most of my shopping online and hence a major part of my life is spent anticipating packages...I truly feel your pain. :(

They would be liable only if the package was insured and the sender could provide sufficient documentation to prove that the contents were worth the insurance.

When you think about the magic of dropping a parcel or envelope off one place and having it show up someplace else, I'm impressed anything ever gets anywhere. But it does with such reliablitity that we almost forget the number of things that can go wrong.

I spent the holidays mailing a ton of packages to people. I spent at least a comfortable five minutes over coffee attempting to figure out why two packages, the same size, sent to the same address on the same day, arrived two weeks apart. (I sent them "parcel post," the "it goes if and when we have room in the truck" method, that's why. I finally asked someone.)

All you can do, xxxmalouxxx, is try and figure out if anything you've ordered never showed up. Or contact every single human being you've ever known in your life and find out if they'd surprised you with a gift.

And if you did buy something by credit card, charge it back.

StaceyJo
01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
thats really sucks, hope you could still trace who send you the package... and sad to say you were not able to receive it...

xxxmalouxxx
01-21-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
As I do most of my shopping online and hence a major part of my life is spent anticipating packages...I truly feel your pain. :(

They would be liable only if the package was insured and the sender could provide sufficient documentation to prove that the contents were worth the insurance.

When you think about the magic of dropping a parcel or envelope off one place and having it show up someplace else, I'm impressed anything ever gets anywhere. But it does with such reliablitity that we almost forget the number of things that can go wrong.

I spent the holidays mailing a ton of packages to people. I spent at least a comfortable five minutes over coffee attempting to figure out why two packages, the same size, sent to the same address on the same day, arrived two weeks apart. (I sent them "parcel post," the "it goes if and when we have room in the truck" method, that's why. I finally asked someone.)

All you can do, xxxmalouxxx, is try and figure out if anything you've ordered never showed up. Or contact every single human being you've ever known in your life and find out if they'd surprised you with a gift.

And if you did buy something by credit card, charge it back.

thanks.. I appreciate that.. that is actually what I did... and yeah good thing it's not my house and neither people got caught with it... I just hope that the post office will treat packages good say what if it's a legal document .. a house deed or whatever.. that would really suck.. they might say build a place that will not easily burn down (say made of metal or whatever..) sucks really

pf69.com
01-21-2006, 10:43 AM
it was only a SP....not your house or anything like that....

MorganGrayson
01-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by xxxmalouxxx
thanks.. I appreciate that.. that is actually what I did... and yeah good thing it's not my house and neither people got caught with it... I just hope that the post office will treat packages good say what if it's a legal document .. a house deed or whatever.. that would really suck.. they might say build a place that will not easily burn down (say made of metal or whatever..) sucks really

You've got me thinking of all the irreplaceable things I've gotten through the mail over the years...and losing a package suddenly seems so much more tragic than it originally did. (My father sent me some of my mother's things after she died, and sent them through the mail.)

Take a deep breath and keep putting one foot in front of the other. This sort of thing happens. I've found that all I can do is scream like a banshee and keep on going. :)

war_ner
01-23-2006, 01:41 AM
That sucks indeed but I guess blaming anybody or yourself won't help solve any issue..

xxxmalouxxx
01-23-2006, 04:59 AM
I agree.. just a rant.. LOL... Oh well.. let by gones be bygones.. err I guess not maybe..lol

MorganGrayson
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by war_ner
That sucks indeed but I guess blaming anybody or yourself won't help solve any issue..

You're most certainly right, it never solved or even aided any situation.
However, it's human. I can count the number of times where - before I got up and coped - I allowed myself the refuge of massive self-pity. Never for very long, of course - they do tend to put you in the "comfy place" if you get carried away with that - but for just a little bit.

Then...you carry on.

xxxmalouxxx...you've ranted - good for you. You've gotten emotional and sought out the comfort of your friends - good for you. You've now hit the "carry on" part of the process. :)

TheLegacy
01-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I am sorry to hear of the news and also that they couldn't keep proper records - even the knowledge of the shipping company could help.

The package would either be family, client or something you have ordered - I am sure you have already thought of contacting your family and friends on the matter (late Christmas, birthday or valentines?) and see where it takes you.

If the package was extremely important they will contact you again to ask if you received it