PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Awards candidates

-Red-
01-21-2006, 12:19 PM
The suspects in a car theft case in Redlands, Calif., were easy to identify after they found a disposable camera in the car, used it to take photos of themselves, and then left it behind when they dumped the ride. Police developed the film and recognized Albert
Engelsman, 28, and Matthew Montanez, 22, who were charged with auto theft. Engelsman helped by wearing the same shirt as he wore in the photos when he was arrested. "I think, in general, what I find is that crooks, as a class of people, are not the brightest," a police spokesman said. "But every once in a while you run into some that make others look like Einstein." (San Bernardino Sun)

MorganGrayson
01-21-2006, 01:38 PM
That is *priceless*!!! :D

With cases like this, I often get the mental picture of the cops at the cop shop, standing around and drawing straws so that the loser has to go arrest the two idiots. All cops - like everyone else in the world - like to have a good "job production," i.e. high arrest record, but I imagine there's little glory to be had in bringing in crooks like this. It's not up there with cracking "the big one." :)

war_ner
01-23-2006, 01:43 AM
A disgrace to the criminal sector.. lol

StaceyJo
01-23-2006, 03:25 AM
oh my, they are so stupid...