PDA

View Full Version : What is my site and domain worth.

littlej
01-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey I have been keeping my site www.fatjoes.com as a hobby over the past year. I left the site on it's own for a few months to come back and notice I have been getting about 65 visits a day.

Whats even better is that I have got about 3 sales because of this.

Because I may be getting into a venture with some family I wanted to know how much the domain is worth with this amount of traffic coming on its own and also how much the site and domain are worth together as I may contemplate selling them if the price is high enough.

Cheers

war_ner
01-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi there. Don't have any specific idea but I know others could help you on this..

pf69.com
01-23-2006, 09:28 AM
10 bucks?

Funbrunette
01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pf69.com
10 bucks?

:doh: Hahahahahahahha

MorganGrayson
01-23-2006, 10:31 AM
littlej...if you're only getting 65 hits a day and it took you a year to get three sales, you've already gotten more than what the site is worth. They may sound harsh, but please remember that the gathering here is made up of *professional* webmasters, not hobbyists. If you want to be a professional, we can help you become one. We don't work well with hobbyists.

Price the site at "make offer." Then, when you get one, take it, whatever it is and get out of the business.

Quagmire
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I will give you $10, a 24 of beer and some high quality canadian maple syrup.

MorganGrayson
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Quagmire
I will give you $10, a 24 of beer and some high quality canadian maple syrup.

Hold on a second.
If your currency is high quality Canadian maple syrup...I'm cutting in line! :D

Quagmire
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Hold on a second.
If your currency is high quality Canadian maple syrup...I'm cutting in line! :D
I would offer to send you a bottle, but last spring I tried to send a bottle south and it was sent back. Apparently they don't like home made brown liquids in bottles crossing the border.

MorganGrayson
01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Quagmire
I would offer to send you a bottle, but last spring I tried to send a bottle south and it was sent back. Apparently they don't like home made brown liquids in bottles crossing the border.

Well, I can see their point.

However...I can see how it might be worth a trip up to Canada and my first attempt at smuggling. :)

The difference between *genuine* maple syrup and the stuff that most Americans call "maple syrup" is stunning.

You need a good printer to put a label on that bottle, and some of that plastic that reacts to a hair dryer and becomes "shrink wrap" for the top. Then you can go into business! :D

MorganGrayson
01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
littlej...if you want to become a professional at this, I'd be more than happy to assist. I'll be working on the "warning" section of the "Simple, Basic Free Site" thread soon and that's something you'll need to pay particular attention to. :)

A lot of people sidestepped their way into this business. I sort of fell into it with a distinct thud. :)